General beginner's question about plugins/fx

mumu64

I have downloaded plugins/fx from Pyrochild and am now wondering: why aren't these (and/or other plugin-packages) included in the paint.net setup?

There is also the issue of copyright.

In order to redistribute any plugin with Paint.NET, @Rick Brewster would have to get permission from the plugin author.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

If the plugins were included, Rick would have to roll out a new version of pdn each time there was a bug fix in one of the plugins. The separation means Rick is not responsible for any issues a plugin might have.

• Upvote 1

I totally agree with the arguments given above but if any further effects were to be built-in, Pyro's 'Liquify' and 'Smudge' would be on my wish list!

I remember as a new user thinking less of Pdn because it did not have (to my knowledge at that time) many of the Gimp or PS tools.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg