How to make a gradient like this one?

Zadorosony

Hello.

I'd like to know how do I make in paint.net a gradient like this one, that I actually used microsoft word to make. I searched, tried, but the ones I make at Paint.net don't become like this one. Either it becomes too dark (if I put black as second color) or too clear (if I put white as second color). And as I can't just copy/paste (it copies text, images, but not the gradient, even if I hit select all)....

Note: the grey part outside the rectangle is actually microsoft word interface/area, not an effect or something that I want in the gradient

Thanks in advance.

Gradient in Word.png

Edited by Zadorosony

Hi @Zadorosony. Welcome to the forum. 

Have you tried using a darker yellow for your secondary color? Something like 7A7A0A or 75750A ?

That's about as close as I can get. Maybe others have a second opinion.

Sounds simple enough to me. 

Hope it helps

Edited by AndrewDavid
Removed upload
  • Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

1 hour ago, AndrewDavid said:

Hi @Zadorosony. Welcome to the forum. 

Have you tried using a darker yellow for your secondary color? Something like 7A7A0A or 75750A ?

Untitled.png.8a4fe8c273aab9bd92d091baac5ae2be.png

That's about as close as I can get. Maybe others have a second opinion.

Sounds simple enough to me. 

Hope it helps

3 things:

1 - Thanks

2 - I cannot even get it to be like the one you did

3 - How can I put the colour values for gradient?

Thanks in advance

Fill a layer with the bright yellow color. Set your secondary color to transparent and primary color to drab olive green. Create a new layer, then use the linear reflected mode gradient to make diagonal lines with the dark olive green color. Do a Gaussian Blur with a high value like 150 on it. You can do it a couple times if you want. This is the result.

Gradient.png.31afea5007fe1c5e5cca0e931054b1a4.png

Edited by Joshua Lamusga
  • Upvote 2

It looks like several gradients. I'd play with the Linear Reflected gradient or Linear with Repeat Reflected

https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/GradientTool.html#3 and https://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/GradientTool.html#11

• Upvote 1

What version of Word and how did you create it?
(I don't have the latest office version so probably can't help! :/)

Do use the eye dropper tool:ColorPickerTool: to set Primary and Secondary 'colors'. Left click Primary, right click Secondary.
It is clearly a repeating gradient, so E.E.R.'s suggestions are worth trying first.
Or you could try Gradients Galore (in my plugin pack) with the settings shown to get close...ish.:)

xlpuMjF.png
(I would add dithering though);)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg