Polygonal (Gossamer) image

Fabulous! Thanks Red, this is awesome :)

Thank you for this tutorial @Red ochre - it really got me thinking.  I'd never (ordinarily) think of those steps.  Thanks for explaining :D.

DFDi5Jg.png

• Upvote 3

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

OK I tried it and because I are an bit of a village idiot, it took a while to get it right (NOT Red Ochres fault ).

so here is #1 ( as directions called for)5929020308156_MODT22-2.jpg.7a3cf4172eeb798a1d19a8124993aee7.jpg

Then because even I had trouble "seeing" the original,  I did another version with an addition of a second layer (of the original subject); changed the blend mode to  overlay and reduced the opacity by "? just enough?" .

592903654cb52_MODT22-2plus.jpg.e74377908b4cfeec0230b552c59227c0.jpg

looks a bit more like a Model T Ford

I tired now need to go nap timesnore.gif.555cc54419010bb0ffba111b7fd3b519.gif TOOTLES 

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

Scooter, The Model T ford - a design classic! Thanks for posting the image.
Feel free to adapt and tweak the tutorial to get the best result for each image. The second version is easier to recognize.
Enjoy that nap!:D

Eli, great image! - perhaps I'm biased, being a Leo myself.
And do I see some 'Highlight' for the stars?
Thanks for posting the result.B)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Red, It 's a tiger that lost its  stripes in the process but that was intended. I used Gossamer twice. Each time I erased randomly some of the little dots and then used Gossamer. I added at the end the stars with the Highlight effect.

I'm pinning this thread. We don't have enough photo manip tutorials of this quality IMHO.

• Upvote 3

Good work with the dragon image Andrew! I like the fiery spotlight/rainbow flare too. Thanks for posting the image.

E.E.R - thank you!

CaSfgPM.png

(The small dots layer can be coloured with Gradients Galore with the 'On objects only' button checked.)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

• 1 year later...