How to Install Plugins ×

Paste From Clipboard

MJW

Thank you for this, @MJW!  I can see many uses for this plugin.   :star:  :)

pastefromclipboard_01.png

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

<3 @MJW

Thanks for the beautiful plugin! :trophy:  It is awesome. Thank you so much for your effort. :cake: :coffee:

20052017MJW.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Thanks lynxster4, Woodsy, and Seerose for your nice comments, and thanks to those who gave me reps!

I just made a very minor change to the plugin. It may not be worth doing a download for. I decided to disable the Anitialias Quality control when antialiasing is disabled, to be consistent with my other recent antialiased plugins. I meant to do that originally, but forgot. The version number is 1.2.*.

• Upvote 1

<3 @MJW! I want to say this is really beautiful. Thank you for the new version. :cake: :coffee:

220517MJW.png

Edited by Seerose
  • Like 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 1 month later...

The first plugin I have found that crashes in the new build @MJW

paint.net 4.0.17 beta build 6403

File: C:\Program Files\paint.net\Effects\PasteFromClipboard.dll
      Name: PasteFromClipboardEffect.PasteFromClipboardPlugin
      Version: 1.2.6350.39917
      Author: Copyright © MJW
      Copyright: Paste the image in the clipboard into the selection.
      Website: https://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/111349-paste-from-clipboard/
      Full error message: System.MissingMethodException: Method not found: 'System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<!!1> PaintDotNet.Collections.ListExtensions.Select(System.Collections.Generic.IList`1<!!0>, System.Func`2<!!0,!!1>)'.
   at UtensilsPDN.AddControls.AddBinaryPixelOpChooser(Object name, BinaryPixelOp defaultValue)
   at UtensilsPDN.ProcessControls.BinaryPixelOpChooser(String displayName, BinaryPixelOp& control, BinaryPixelOp defaultValue)
   at PasteFromClipboardEffect.PasteFromClipboardPlugin.ProcessControlValues()
   at UtensilsPDN.PropertyBasedEffectEZ.OnCreatePropertyCollection()
   at PaintDotNet.Effects.PropertyBasedEffect.CreateConfigDialog() in D:\src\pdn\src\Effects\PropertyBasedEffect.cs:line 76
   at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffectImpl(Type effectType) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Menus\EffectMenuBase.cs:line 915

Nothing fancy was done - tried it as simply as I could but still crashed

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

• 6 months later...

I have Paint.net 4.0.21, running on Windows Pro (64 bit) SP1 operating system.

I followed the thread when you proposed setting up what became PasteFromClipboard. I think it is a great concept. I recently installed Version 1.2.

But I have found what seems to be a problem. The Blend feature does not seem to work. Look at the attachment. In the top image, you can see that I have checked 'Blend with Canvas Image' and selected Normal as the Blend Mode. The red arrow points to the small image I pasted from my Clipboard.

Now look at the bottom image. There I selected the Xor Blend Mode, which usually results in an image much different from the Normal. But it looks the same. I also tried then clicking the "OK' button, in case that might be what was required to change the Blend Mode. No difference. I then tried every Blend Mode in your dropdown list. They all looked the same.

Is there a problem here, or have I missed a step somewhere?

Harry

PasteFromClipboard_BlendProblemE.jpg

On 6/3/2018 at 4:58 AM, Eli said:

I think you are using it on the wrong layer.

It is working just fine today. Perhaps I was implementing 'Paste from Clipboard' incorrectly before.

I have written some instructions so I don't forget the next time.

Harry

Edited by acbex
add a sentence.

I've released version 1.3.0. For some of the tiling modes, there were cracks between the tiles. I'm not sure if it was a bug in the original version, or if PDN's method of handling the alpha for image edge pixels changed. In either case, I hope I've fixed the problem.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 1

I'm releasing version 2.0.0, which has two additional features I think are useful.

First, in addition to the clipboard image Scale, Rotation, etc., I've added Flip Horizontal.

Second, I've added a "Canvas Transparency Preservation" control. This somewhat awkwardly named control allows the user to paste the clipboard image onto an object (a region of opaque pixels on a transparent background). The transparent canvas pixels will remain transparent.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 4

I''m releasing version 2.0.1, which (I hope) fixes a problem with the centering of the pasted image in the canvas or selection. In some cases it was about half a pixel off.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1