Slow Loading

In response to the OP and also to @Rick Brewster

Pdn 4.0.16 Slow responding after Windows 10 Creators update. 
Examples: 
Taking a while just to open after clicking the Pdn Icon (20+ seconds)
Taking almost 1 minute to actually be able to open a project or make a new one.
Clicking  the Tabs Adjustments or Effects makes the program "hang" with a (not responding) message in the upper left of the UI. Same problem when trying to duplicate a layer or even double clicking on a duplicate layer.
Other Tabs also slow to respond after editing an image.
Before the Creators update all was fine, pdn was very fast to respond. And I have a lot of plugins that wasn't a problem before the Creators Update.

Everything updated 13/05.

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

Good news for you @sashwilko. Read this thread - 

I was the first to go through the whole process of upgrading to the creators edition. Yes - It is slow to begin with while updates appear to continue even after you reboot. GIve it a day or two. The link to a new version of paint resolves the slow loading issues.

• Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

23 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

Good news for you @sashwilko. Read this thread - 

I was the first to go through the whole process of upgrading to the creators edition. Yes - It is slow to begin with while updates appear to continue even after you reboot. GIve it a day or two. The link to a new version of paint resolves the slow loading issues.

Many thanks @AndrewDavid I will install and see how I get on :) 

[edit]

Just installed and it's now performing as it should do, again thank for the link Andrew :) 

Edited by sashwilko

swIFX9v.png

The beta download was a very quick fix only. Pdn no longer opens, tried it without any plugins, still won't open. So much for a windows update to be called "creators" when you can't even open a program to create. :( 

swIFX9v.png

Hello again @sashwilko B)

Since I installed that update I have had no problems to speak of.

With over 500 plugins designed for paint.net and over 200 filters designed for PS that all run properly installed on my computer, I wouldn't be complaining about WIN10 or Paint.net.

There has to be some other software running on your machine that is interfering with your creativity.

God forbid you didn't catch that worldwide virus just announced on CNN. Have you downloaded the patch Microsoft released?

And just another note - Other than what Win10 has for anti-virus - I run no other protection.

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

I've been having the same problem as sashwilko I updated windows 10 creators build, and paint net hangs with not responding for about 30 seconds, I tried the 4.17 version and does the same "not responding" Thank you for the advice Andrew and help hopefully it is just a glitch some where.

• 2 weeks later...

I managed to fix the not responding and hanging issue after the windows creators update, I did a clean install of paint net uninstalled it through programmes then deleted any paint net  folders in programmes then app use local folders paint net folders deleted then registry keys deleted paint net registry key folders then clean install of paint net  4.0.16

and it works great again no hanging or not responding.

• Upvote 1