3 Feature Requests (Dark Theme, Windows Store Distribution, CMD/batch interface)

Dragonclaw

There are only three things I want from paint.net before it is "perfect"

1. I want it to be distributed via the windows store (I addition to the current downloadable method). Store downloads are just super convenient.

2. I want a dark theme, or custom theming.

3. I want a built in cmd/batch processor interface.

I didn't see any of these listed on the feature request page so I thought I would post about them, what does everyone else think?

I think that I will never use the Windows store. I don't need a dark theme and I'm generally not interested in themes for applications and if I need (very seldom) a batch processor interface, I use that one provided by XnView, my favorite image management software.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, IRON67 said:

I think that I will never use the Windows store.

You may never use the Store but some people, like me, do. Also the new W10 S is Store locked. 

13 hours ago, Dragonclaw said:

1. I want it to be distributed via the windows store (I addition to the current downloadable method). Store downloads are just super convenient.

2. I want a dark theme, or custom theming.

Rick Brewster said that Paint.net will be available from the Store somewhere in the future. I want a dark theme too because every other app that I'm using has a dark mode.

55 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

What does that mean?

The new Surface Laptop comes with Windows 10 S. This edition is designed for security so runs apps only from Windows Store. You can read more on google.

• Upvote 1

6 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

What does that mean?

It is an edition of Windows 10 Pro that only allows Windows Store applications, see http://www.zdnet.com/article/what-is-windows-10-s/.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

The new Surface Laptop comes with Windows 10 S. This edition is designed for security so runs apps only from Windows Store.

Are you kidding me? And this is supposed to be a feature???

Thank God I don't have any need for Windoze anymore. Yet another flop for Micro$oft in the making...

• Upvote 1

69unju0.gif

11 hours ago, cristi4ever said:

You may never use the Store but some people, like me, do.

Yeah, fine. But the question, that I answered was this:

what does everyone else think?

And this is MY thinking. So deal with it - especially because you're not the TO, okay?

Edited by IRON67

• 4 weeks later...

@Rick Brewster Check what GL1zdA found.

Published by "Newlook", has a gmail address for support and links directly to 2 getpaint.net pages, license & contact.

Edited by Zagna

sig.jpg.7f312affa740bae49243c4439bc4a244.jpg

4 hours ago, Rick Brewster said:

That link gives me a 404. Already taken down? Or not available in my region? (U.S.)

Yes, it seems it was taken down. They have tried to sell paint.net for about $2.

Edited by GL1zdA