Paste Screen Shot

Hi. 

I have used getpaint.net for a number of years now never I have encountered any problems. After the fews months I have been receiving more and more frequent requests to update the software. Is this normal?

Onto my second dilemma. I now open up getpaint and CTRL V to paste the screenshot. But getpaint just freezes, I noticed something odd with the message window. Then windows tells me that the programme is not responded and so I shut it down. 

Never encountered this before so I will post a screenshot.

Have a good day.

paint-error.jpg

Hello @StarDebut.  It could be so many things.  For starters please close PDN and then go to:

OS (C:) - Program Files - paint.net - then scroll down to PdnRepair and click.

If this doesn't work, please give us a shout :).

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, StarDebut said:

After the fews months I have been receiving more and more frequent requests to update the software. Is this normal?

Yes. There are some enhancements and bugfixes. So you should stay up-to-date.

I now open up getpaint and CTRL V to paste the screenshot. But getpaint just freezes

Problems with Paste from Clipboard have been reported here several times, mostly in connection with the browser.

If Pixey's advice does not help, tell more exactly what you has done to make the screenshot and what version of PDN you are now using.

• Upvote 1

Hi I updated to the latest version before submitting this original post.

@Pixey Thanks I have run the PdnRepair and reset my system. Unfortunately this has not helped.

I tried checking the version.

However when I choose "Help" "About" the same thing happens, window message seems to freeze the software.

However I do know its the latest version.

I think its not really about the screenshot, it was using the paste function and this is what caused the software to freeze.

I use getpaint.net daily for the last eight years.

The same things happens with CTRL N open a new window.

I am going to try and uninstall or disable one programme I recently installed and see if it is conflicting with getpaint.net.

I will get back to you shortly to see what happens.

Hi I updated to the latest version before submitting this original post.

@Pixey Thanks I have run the PdnRepair and reset my system. Unfortunately this has not helped.

I tried checking the version.

However when I choose "Help" "About" the same thing happens, window message seems to freeze the software.

However I do know its the latest version.

I think its not really about the screenshot, it was using the paste function and this is what caused the software to freeze.

I use getpaint.net daily for the last eight years.

The same things happens with CTRL N open a new window.

I am going to try and uninstall or disable one programme I recently installed and see if it is conflicting with getpaint.net.

I will get back to you shortly to see what happens.

EDIT: Okay guys thanks for the help. Seemed really much like I asked but you would have never been able to really find the root of the issue because, yes, it was a conflicting programme. One that I had a trial on, because I liked the idea of it, however if it conflicts with getpaint.net I will have to not use it.

The software fyi is http://www.stardock.com/products/windowblinds/ and unfortunately its a problem on their end and I don't think any updates by getpaint.net will make the two compatible. 

Of course it could be to do with that I had disabled windows blinds and not uninstalled it. Maybe that's where the conflict was.