350% DPI Paste Hang

Using Windows10-1511 at 350% DPI with Paint.NET version 4.0.16, when I press the printscreen key then paste into the app it immediately hangs the app at the paste dialog. Paste doesn't hang when I use DPI 200% and lower. I have captured a minidump in case it is useful. Let me know if you need any other information.

1 hour ago, AndrewDavid said:

I have found that WIN10 has a new screen capture utility called the snipping tool that seems to replace the print screen function.

Um, what? The Snipping Tool has been included in Windows since Vista.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Indeed - I Had WIndows XP and saw no reason to upgrade. I truly believed that if it works - don't change it. The only reason I have WIN10 is because I bought a new computer. That is when you need to upgrade your OS due to the hardware changes. Installing new software (especially OS's) is not always a good thing - as Vista users soon discovered I think. 

I'm no expert - but this is what I have learned through the 30+ years of the IT industry.  Who remembers DOS? :lol:

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

1 hour ago, AndrewDavid said:

Who remembers DOS?

Me. DIR C:\MSDOS  *.exe  :/

I've started with DOS 4.01 and changed later from Win98SE directly to Windows 7. Since Win 8 there's an enhanced Screenshot function via Win + PRINT key, that saves screenshots to a dedicated folder. The Snipping Tool exists in Windows 7 too, but I've never needed it. I stay on Win7 'till 2020.

Edited by IRON67
  • Upvote 1