(solved)propRules strange crash

Red ochre

Problem resolved

I recently created a customized version of my Vanishing Point effect for user 'Woodsy'. He noticed a strange crash which also applies to the published version.

The plugin runs and renders fine BUT crashes on re-opening, Crashing Pdn (both 3.5.11 and 4.0.16) - relevant part of the report below.
Now, If I disable the propRules, (particularly the one that greys out a DoubleVector control from a Boolean control), then no crashes.
The strange thing is that with the rules active it runs perfectly first time and only crashes when re-opened.

To recreate the problem run the current version of my Vanishing Point plugin, uncheck the 'Draw line 2' box, and render.No crash at this point.
Now, re-open the plugin and it crashes Pdn.

Is this a problem with my code or Pdn's?
Either way I guess I'll have to update my pack again :-(

Here is my PropertyCollection code. The idea is to grey out irrelevant controls if the 2nd line is not required... which it does.

Spoiler

protected override PropertyCollection OnCreatePropertyCollection()
        {
            List<Property> props = new List<Property>();

props.Add(new DoubleVectorProperty(PropertyNames.VanP, Pair.Create(0.0, -1.0), Pair.Create(-10.0, -10.0), Pair.Create(+10.0, +10.0)));
            props.Add(new BooleanProperty(PropertyNames.Linesthin, true));
            props.Add(new DoubleVectorProperty(PropertyNames.End1, Pair.Create(-1.0, 1.0), Pair.Create(-2.0, -2.0), Pair.Create(+2.0, +2.0)));
            props.Add(new Int32Property(PropertyNames.Line1W, 5, 1, 500));
            props.Add(new DoubleProperty(PropertyNames.E1ang, 0, -180, 180));
            props.Add(new BooleanProperty(PropertyNames.End2bool, true));
            props.Add(new DoubleVectorProperty(PropertyNames.End2, Pair.Create(1.0, 1.0), Pair.Create(-2.0, -2.0), Pair.Create(+2.0, +2.0)));
            props.Add(new Int32Property(PropertyNames.Line2W, 5, 1, 500));
            props.Add(new DoubleProperty(PropertyNames.E2ang, 0, -180, 180));
           // props.Add(new Int32Property(PropertyNames.LineCol, ColorBgra.ToOpaqueInt32(ColorBgra.FromBgra(EnvironmentParameters.PrimaryColor.B, EnvironmentParameters.PrimaryColor.G, EnvironmentParameters.PrimaryColor.R, 255)), 0, 0xffffff));
            props.Add(new Int32Property(PropertyNames.Opacity, 255, 0, 255));
            props.Add(new DoubleProperty(PropertyNames.Angle, 0, -180, +180));//new
            List<PropertyCollectionRule> propRules = new List<PropertyCollectionRule>();

propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.End2, PropertyNames.End2bool, true));//NOTE:It is the double vector rules which seem to cause the crash
            propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.Line2W, PropertyNames.End2bool, true));
            propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.E2ang, PropertyNames.End2bool, true));
            propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.E1ang, PropertyNames.Linesthin, true));
            propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.E2ang, PropertyNames.Linesthin, true));
            return new PropertyCollection(props, propRules);// grey out End2 and Line2W if only End1 and grey out both end angles if using a simple line.

}

Here is the crash

Spoiler

Exception details:

PaintDotNet.ReadOnlyException: This property is read only

at PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.Property.VerifyNotReadOnly() in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\PropertySystem\Property.cs:line 387

at PaintDotNet.PropertySystem.Property.SetValueCore(Object value) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\PropertySystem\Property.cs:line 233

at PaintDotNet.IndirectUI.DoubleVectorPanAndSliderPropertyControl.OnPanControlPositionChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\IndirectUI\DoubleVectorPanAndSliderPropertyControl.cs:line 231

at PaintDotNet.EventHandlerExtensions.Raise(EventHandler handler, Object sender, EventArgs e) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\EventHandlerExtensions.cs:line 27

at PaintDotNet.Controls.PanControl.set_Position(PointF value) in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\Controls\PanControl.cs:line 150

at PaintDotNet.IndirectUI.DoubleVectorPanAndSliderPropertyControl.OnPropertyValueChanged() in D:\src\pdn\src\PaintDotNet\IndirectUI\DoubleVectorPanAndSliderPropertyControl.cs:line 216

at PaintDotNet.IndirectUI.PropertyControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\IndirectUI\PropertyControl.cs:line 114

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)

at System.Windows.Forms.Form.WmShowWindow(Message& m)

at PaintDotNet.PdnBaseForm.WndProc(Message& m) in D:\src\pdn\src\Core\PdnBaseForm.cs:line 1696

at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I question the following code:

propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.E2ang, PropertyNames.End2bool, true));
. . .
propRules.Add(new ReadOnlyBoundToBooleanRule(PropertyNames.E2ang, PropertyNames.Linesthin, true));

I don't know if it might result in a crash, but I don't believe it does anything useful. I've experimented with that sort of thing, and concluded it uses something like the last checkbox that changed to control the enabling of E2ang, not some logical ANDing or ORing of End2bool and Linesthin. There doesn't seem to be any coordination between the read-only control of End2bool and Linesthin.

• Upvote 1

Many thanks for taking a look MJW.

My Mistake!:roll:
Somehow I have been working on an early prototype version of Vanishing Point in Visual studio.
The published version in my pack does NOT crash. (Phew!)... the published version uses much simpler rules.
Sorry for the panic. Now to try and find the correct source code and update Woodsy's version.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg