Drag & Paste the picture by holding shift

How does this differ from pressing the M key and dragging the image?

@Whirl and @Ego Eram Reputo Is this the technique in question?

(Video made by TECHPECK)

@AndrewDavid I think that's the shortcut for merging down layers.

Edited by Beta0
Giving credit
  • Upvote 2

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

Thank you @Beta0 B)  Your video showed me something new. I see all I have to do is hold the Ctrl key once an object is selected to create a new copy.

One that is not repeatable as shown in your video. I think that clarify's the situation. And it should answer the original post. Maybe he does not have version 4.0.

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

@AndrewDavid You're welcome. :) The video isn't mine, but it's a trick I've learned when I went on a tutorial/tips/tricks/speedpaints/how-to's binge. I still go on it. XD

1 hour ago, AndrewDavid said:

...all I have to do is hold the Ctrl key once an object is selected to create a new copy.

Yep. That's true. :]

@Whirl You might be interested in this. (I wasn't sure if I had to mention it, but here I go.) I think, when you wrote the feature from MSPaint versions, you might have been referring to PDN being the same as MS Paint. The page for the software says it was originally intended to be a free replacement. I've read somewhere in this forum that these two programs are not the same (except the name), and that PDN was written from scratch.

Edited by Beta0
Found something else to add

14 hours ago, Beta0 said:

@AndrewDavid You're welcome. :) The video isn't mine, but it's a trick I've learned when I went on a tutorial/tips/tricks/speedpaints/how-to's binge. I still go on it. XD

Yep. That's true. :]

@Whirl You might be interested in this. (I wasn't sure if I had to mention it, but here I go.) I think, when you wrote the feature from MSPaint versions, you might have been referring to PDN being the same as MS Paint. The page for the software says it was originally intended to be a free replacement. I've read somewhere in this forum that these two programs are not the same (except the name), and that PDN was written from scratch.

well, a replacement... okay.

@Whirl While that feature might not be available, you can still use the one AndrewDavid wrote about (holding Ctrl and drag the selection to create a copy.) Also, there's Simon B's plugin: CustomBrushesMini (if what you wanted was brushes.) There's a tutorial about it, too.

On 23.04.2017 at 10:16 PM, Beta0 said:

@Whirl While that feature might not be available, you can still use the one AndrewDavid wrote about (holding Ctrl and drag the selection to create a copy.) Also, there's Simon B's plugin: CustomBrushesMini (if what you wanted was brushes.) There's a tutorial about it, too.

nah I don't want, thanks

Edited by Whirl