Layers, Rotate / Zoom, multiple files

nss-17

I am sorry if this has been mentioned before, but I couldn't find it.

My question is -- What is the solution for this characteristic, and is this intentional or a "bug" that can be addressed?

I frequently edit two photos at a time (coins, tokens, medals, etc.)  One image is the front and the other is the back.  These frequently need to be rotated in one direction or the other so that both images have the coin "upright" (and then combined into one image side by side).

I load both images into Paint.NET.

I use layers, rotate/zoom and roll/rotate the first of the two images (to let's say -20.00) using the first tool in the Rotate/Zoom dialog box.

I click OK, and everything is fine, and I go about my business editing that first image.

Now when I direct my attention to the second image, when I use layers, rotate/zoom, as soon as the Rotate/Zoom dialog box opens it rotates the second image automatically with the previous value (-20.00) which I don't want.

Later, if I switch back to the first image, and re-open the Layers, rotate/zoom, it automatically rotates the image AGAIN with the last used value (which I don't want).

I think once a rotate amount has been applied, it should not be applied to other images, or to the same image again just by opening Rotate / Zoom.  

I am using 4.0.16 (Final 4.16.6315.38530)

19 minutes ago, nss-17 said:

Now when I direct my attention to the second image, when I use layers, rotate/zoom, as soon as the Rotate/Zoom dialog box opens it rotates the second image automatically with the previous value (-20.00) which I don't want.

That's the normal behaviour like in many other plugins within a PDN session. The last value is temporarily stored. That is very useful in many/most cases. You don't have to remember the last values. In your special case it isn't useful but I'm afraid, that you have to deal with it.

Edited by IRON67
  • Upvote 1

I don't mind the value being stored, I object to it being applied just by opening the dialog box.

How can I stop this undesireable behavior short of completely closing Paint.NET?

Edited by nss-17

17 minutes ago, nss-17 said:

How can I stop this undesireable behavior

You can't. You have to reset manually the values to standard by pressing the arrow buttons beside the values.

reset.png

Edited by IRON67
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, IRON67 said:

That's the normal behaviour like in many other plugins within a PDN session. The last value is temporarily stored. That is very useful in many/most cases. You don't have to remember the last values. In your special case it isn't useful but I'm afraid, that you have to deal with it.

Quite right. And that's the way.. aha, aha.. I like it and I hope it doesn't change.

I remember in v.3 the Rotate/Zoom dialogue box had a "Reset All" button. That was also useful.

• Upvote 1

Xkds4Lh.png