Looking for Plugin - "Pen Pressure" imitation on Lines

Uri

Hey all,

I've been searching endlessly for a painting program that uses the 'Pen Pressure' effect on lines/brushes (The effect where the line has a very thin tip on both ends), but one program I found has a VERY tedious way to achieve this, and the other program is very unfriendly to use/navigate.

So I've come here to ask if anybody knows a plugin or a work-around to achieve this effect with ease.

If you have trouble understanding what I mean, I am looking for a program that changes the Left line edges into the Right line's:

ruDGSWx.png

I need to use something in bulk, like, I need to make a LOT of those kind of lines. I was looking for something that changes the ends of those lines.

I'm afraid Paint.NET would demand to do the process line by line because plugins operate layer by layer, and I'm guessing that each line would probably be contained by one layer, and each layer will surely demand its own adjustments of settings for any plugin in use. I don't know of any other tool that might automate the process.

• Like 1

I found this tutorial (by RuokDbz98) helpful. It was a time when I was really concerned about making a good lineart (because I didn't and don't have a graphics tablet.) Also, there's the option of drawing the strokes, scan them and tweak them, like in this tutorial, by acsoundwave.

I've found that a combination of brushes (with an eraser to shape it), a radial gradient (set to transparency mode), and median can give me a decent result. One has to brush in a separate layer, and erase it (whether the person wants to create a lineart or paint shapes or shadows.) Then, select the gradient tool, and, starting close or in the middle of the stroke, expand the gradient. The edges should look faded, like this (from XxiMercurYxX.) Then, duplicate the brush layer and merge. And, finally, use median.

Example:

th_This%20pressure%20is%20fake.png

Brush hardness:

1. 0%
  2. 75% (default when opening PDN)
  3. 50%
  4. 25%
  5. 100%
  6. No antialiased (or MS Paint-like brush)

Median (radius set at 15 in all of them, only the percentage changes):

1. 30
  2. 45
  3. 40
  4. 35
  5. 50 (a higher setting will turn the stroke into an MS Paint-like one)
  6. 50 (a higher setting will give it a white outline)

Note: Settings may vary depending on the brush size, especially the settings for median.

Edited by Beta0
Editing and more information
  • Upvote 1

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )