Another UI suggestion (CTRL-H reverse = CTRL-SHIFT-H)

I've asked for a few things and sadly been shot down.

CTRL H = Rotate.

Love to rotate the opposite direction, simply by holding SHIFT (the Windows standard,.... ALT-TAB vs ALT-SHIFT-TAB     CTRL-F6 vs CTRL-SHIFT-F6      (Firefox:) CTRL-TAB  vs CTRL-SHIFT-TAB) .....

That's pretty much it.

Thanks

This level of customization is 2 levels beyond what is available in Paint.net. If they do not even have custom shortcuts for the tools menu then this would certainly not be implemented before that. Look at my post I recently made about it: Hotkey Your Life

There are plenty of features which could be added as of yet but as you can see, no one even replied to my post, so I'm not sure there is the infrastructure available to implement or even consider too many new features at one time.

It's a great program, but it seems it will only improve at a snail's pace. So it's not to say that something like this might not be important but relative to the rate of development it's not anywhere near the vicinity.

ketenksEsignatureSmall2.png.f74cf40145e3a072030b070615ef1b93.png

One man designed, built and maintains this program, a man with a real life who does not spend every waking hour catering to the whims of every crackpot idea that comes along. Oh ya, did I mentioned he does it all for free ?

http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/21233-skullbonz-art-gallery

Exactly. Props though for where it is. I think the interface is spectacularly intuitive which is what I guess you are trying to maintain when considering any new features. A great job. Keep it up and be bold. It's the reason I started using it and it's the reason I keep using it.

ketenksEsignatureSmall2.png.f74cf40145e3a072030b070615ef1b93.png

Also, I wouldn't consider Ctrl+Shift+H as an inverse to work better than what's already there.

Ctrl+H is on the right -- clockwise.

Ctrl+G is on the left -- counter-clockwise.

(at least on a QWERTY layout)

Changing Ctrl+G to Ctrl+Shift+H would only optimize for the case where you're rotating clockwise. If you are ever rotating counter-clockwise, it would be weirder. It would be a net-negative optimization.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

6 hours ago, Ketenks said:

This level of customization is 2 levels beyond what is available in Paint.net. If they do not even have custom shortcuts for the tools menu then this would certainly not be implemented before that. Look at my post I recently made about it: Hotkey Your Life

There are plenty of features which could be added as of yet but as you can see, no one even replied to my post, so I'm not sure there is the infrastructure available to implement or even consider too many new features at one time.

It's a great program, but it seems it will only improve at a snail's pace. So it's not to say that something like this might not be important but relative to the rate of development it's not anywhere near the vicinity.

I'm not suggesting a custom key, I'm suggesting that it be added officially.

14 minutes ago, Rick Brewster said:

Also, I wouldn't consider Ctrl+Shift+H as an inverse to work better than what's already there.

Ctrl+H is on the right -- clockwise.

Ctrl+G is on the left -- counter-clockwise.

(at least on a QWERTY layout)

Changing Ctrl+G to Ctrl+Shift+H would only optimize for the case where you're rotating clockwise. If you are ever rotating counter-clockwise, it would be weirder. It would be a net-negative optimization.

CTRL-SHIFT-G would act same as CTRL-H

CTRL-SHIFT-H would act same as CTRL-G

Is it redundant? yes.

Is it standard to reverse some procedures with shift, yep.

I definitely don't think it would work "better" than what's there if you removed the G option, I'm simply suggesting reversing feature as standard.

If you had a hotkey which was just "shrink image 25%"  as CTRL-I, I would expect that CTRL-SHIFT-I would enlarge image 25%

It's simply the standard, if you don't want to add it, that's fine. 

I miss the rotate menu in PSP5 unfortunately, I found it faster to work with, hence trying to improve rotation in P.N