Creating semi-transparent pie slices on top of pic

Rumpelstiltskin

I've used paint.net in the past to do very simple image manipulation (resize, crop, etc). Now I want to do something advanced (for me anyway): I'd like to overlay semi-transparent pie slices on top of an overhead property pic to show sprinkler head locations (apex of pie shape) and the water throw (radius of slice) of each head. I've been unable to find a way in paint.net to draw pie slices or an option for opaqueness(?). Can someone point me to some relevant how-tos or give me some ideas on how I might accomplish this?

Thanks.

Put your pie slice(s) in a new, transparent layer and change the opacity level in the layer properties.

pie.png

And here a version without any additional layers:

pie2.png

Edited by IRON67

Hi @Rumpelstiltskin and smileys-smiley-with-sign-580722.gif    

There is a Plugin to make a pie chart, if that helps at all?  And a great tutorial for 'blending' images into each other can be found here.

How to install Plugins can be found here.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I think Rumpelstiltskin needs a single pie generator. One that will take into account the various angles at wich a sprinkler sprinks and the distance at which it throws the water. The opacity can be changed in the layers mode. The Cone Shape type proposed by Iron67 has limitations.

1 hour ago, Eli said:

The Cone Shape type proposed by Iron67 has limitations.

@Eli That was only an additional (simplified) suggestion. The pie slice in my first picture is made by the Pie Chart plugin.

Edited by IRON67

31 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

This is very easy to do, as the .NET Framework provides an api to create pie slices.

That is what I wanted to say a "pie slice". Thanks toe_head2001 for taking on Rumplestiltskin request. I am sure that there will be other users other than drawing sprinklers. :) 

@Rumpelstiltskin

I have created a 'Sprinkler Head' plugin for you.

:RightArrowBlue:  SprinklerHead.zip

Effects -> Render -> Sprinkler Head

UPDATE: The "Spread" can now go up to 360 degrees.

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks toe_head! Now I can make photo corner stickers. :)

If it is not too much trouble I would like to see it have a spread of 360 degrees. It could be useful when making PAC MAN.:D

sprinkle-corner-stickers-51fac31.png

On 4/3/2017 at 0:40 PM, Eli said:

I would like to see it have a spread of 360 degrees. It could be useful when making PAC MAN.:D

The updated plugin has been posted above. Useful for all your omni-directional Sprinkler Head (or PAC-MAN) needs.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

You all are incredible. I go away for a few days and y'all have solved world hunger. :)

Thanks, eh?