Drop down menus

TonyN

Paint.NET is fabulous but how can I keep drop down menus to one side and not directly over the photo I am working on every time I open one, please ?

I don't understand the problem. The pulldown/dropdown menu is only visible until you have choosen an effect. Then it's gone. The effect window pops up and you can drag it to another place.

Edited by IRON67

55 minutes ago, IRON67 said:

I don't understand the problem. The pulldown menu is only visible until you have choosen an effect. Then it's gone. The effect window pops up and you can drag it to another place.

The poster does not want for it to always "open" over the photo/image.  He'd prefer not to have to move it.

over%20the%20image_zps9akkdx5m.png

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

1 hour ago, BoltBait said:

The problem is that you have not read the original poster's mind...

That's not neccessary. My answer is good enough for both cases.

TonyN is visiting us from Spain. He may not have English as his first language. I believe that Pixey and BoltBait made the connection: TonyN is talking about the Effect dialogs opening in the center of the screen.

@TonyN The dialog opens in the center of the screen by design. You can't change that. What you can do is move the dialog by dragging it by the title bar (the blue strip in Pixey's image). Oh, and welcome to the forum :)

Hey I know the post is a little old but I wanted to bring it back for another vote for the feature.

You could have this as a global setting where all popup windows popup in a specific spot. Why not? Editing something a thousand times to learn what everything is doing could be a lot better having them all pop up in the same place. I have the same frustration with it. I end up using 10 different effects and undoing each of them before I find what I was looking for and then I do them all over again for the next effect. It's definitely tedious moving them all to the corner every time. And if you have to do something every time well, that's what a computer is for!

ketenksEsignatureSmall2.png.f74cf40145e3a072030b070615ef1b93.png

• 3 years later...

Having to drag popup windows out of the way so I can see the changes I'm making is frustrating. My work flow would be so much more efficient if this was finally addressed in a new build. 

• toe_head2001 locked this topic