How do I expand a layer of a picture

CraigS81

I downloaded a car template for a racing game and the whole template is named "Layer 2." How do I expand it to see what other layers are there because when I go to paint the layer it paints over everything.

What is the file format? Does the image actually have more than one layer? Load it into PDN and look at the Layer menu. (If the Layer menu isn't displayed, press the F7 key to display it.) If there are multiple layers, they will be shown by the Layer menu. If it shows only one layer, there is but one.

Hi @CraigS81 and Welcome :D.  It's a bit tough to tell if you mean you have downloaded a PDN file with layers - as @MJW mentions above.  If it's a plain template from the web, then it wouldn't open with more layers.

Please see here for doing a simple color to a template.  You would upload the template, which will show in layer 2.  Then you can select the inside of the car with the magic wand

then make a new layer and add the color.

If you want to expand what you have downloaded you will have to select the layer and, using the Rectangle Select Tool :MoveTool: and pull on the nubs at the corners.

car%20template_zpszycthu7d.png

Hope this makes sense :D.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The image might have layers if it was a PS file...