unhandled exception error 0x8899000b

xBAKIx

hello i'm new, but that doesn't matter so i'l just skip to the point. i can' install paint no matter what. i don't know what's the problem. it worked two weeks ago, then it suddenly stopped. i deleted it try to reinstall it. But now when i try to install it, error unhandled exception appears 

here's the log 

************** Exception Text **************
PaintDotNet.Direct2D.NoHardwareDeviceException (0x8899000B): ..\Direct2D\D2DFactory.cpp (95) : hr = m_pFactory->CreateDCRenderTarget( &NativeConversions::ToNative(renderTargetProperties), &spDCRenderTarget); (PaintDotNet.Controls.PdnBanner)
   at PaintDotNet.Interop.InteropErrorInfo.ThrowIfError() in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Interop\InteropErrorInfo.cs:line 89
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.NativeUtilities.ThrowOnErrorImpl(Int32 hr, SByte* szHr, IUnknown* pFxErrorInfo)
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.Direct2D.D2DFactory.CreateDCRenderTarget(RenderTargetProperties renderTargetProperties)
   at PaintDotNet.Direct2D.Proxies.Direct2DFactoryProxy.CreateDCRenderTarget(RenderTargetProperties renderTargetProps) in D:\src\pdn\src\Base\Direct2D\Proxies\Direct2DFactoryProxy.cs:line 75
   at PaintDotNet.Controls.Direct2DControlHandler.RecreateRenderTarget(Boolean invalidateControl) in D:\src\pdn\src\Framework\Controls\Direct2DControlHandler.cs:line 426
   at PaintDotNet.Controls.Direct2DControlHandler.RelayGdiPaintImpl(GdiPaintContext ctx) in D:\src\pdn\src\Framework\Controls\Direct2DControlHandler.cs:line 500
   at PaintDotNet.Controls.Direct2DControlHandler.RelayGdiPaint(GdiPaintContext ctx) in D:\src\pdn\src\Framework\Controls\Direct2DControlHandler.cs:line 483
   at PaintDotNet.Controls.Direct2DControl.OnGdiPaint(GdiPaintContext ctx) in D:\src\pdn\src\Framework\Controls\Direct2DControl.cs:line 347
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.GdiPaintHandler.OnWmPaint(Message& m) in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\GdiPaintHandler.cs:line 184
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.GdiPaintHandler.RelayWndProc(Message& m) in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\GdiPaintHandler.cs:line 233
   at PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.GdiPaintControl.WndProc(Message& m) in D:\src\pdn\src\SystemLayer\GdiPaintControl.cs:line 130
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 4.6.1590.0 built by: NETFXREL2
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework64/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
SetupFrontEnd
    Assembly Version: 4.13.6191.1824
    Win32 Version: 4.13.6191.1824
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/SetupFrontEnd.exe
PaintDotNet.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/PaintDotNet.Core.DLL
System.Windows.Forms
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
PaintDotNet.Base
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/PaintDotNet.Base.DLL
PaintDotNet.SystemLayer
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.DLL
PaintDotNet.Framework
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/PaintDotNet.Framework.DLL
PaintDotNet
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/PaintDotNet.EXE
PaintDotNet.Resources
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/PaintDotNet.Resources.DLL
WindowsBase
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/WindowsBase/v4.0_4.0.0.0__31bf3856ad364e35/WindowsBase.dll
System.Core
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll
PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Users/pc/AppData/Local/Temp/PdnSetup/x64/PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

error.png

38 minutes ago, toe_head2001 said:

Howdy xBAKIx,

Have you changed your video card?

Changed/updated/removed video card drivers?

What video card are you using?

oh yeah i also found what error 0x8899000b means and no i haven't changed my card ever . I'm using gtx 460 SE

Edited by xBAKIx

• 1 month later...
On 16/3/2017 at 7:38 PM, xBAKIx said:

oh yeah i also found what error 0x8899000b means and no i haven't changed my card ever . I'm using gtx 460 SE

Have u found a solution ?
I have the same problem during installation and i've not found a fix

• 3 weeks later...

Same thing here. Identical error when attempting to re-install.

It was working for years then stopped in March. I don't know if it correlates to a Windows update or not.

Current OS is Windows 10 - 1703

Edited by JNP

Someone else reported that they were using a hybrid Intel / NVIDIA GPU configuration (pretty common in laptops).

Configuring which GPU to run Paint.NET on was able to cause the problem to happen, or to fix it ... I forget which

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yes, my Lenovo W520 switches between Intel for video on the laptop, and NVIDIA when using external monitors.

I tried installing with the video GPU both ways. No difference.

Beside... if it hangs during the install there is no way to "configure" it to run on an individual GPU.

Any other thoughts?

Nope, didn't work.

Tried to install recommended ver. 368.39.

It started to check system comparability and gave me the message "This NVidia graphics driver is not compatible with this version of windows".

Also made sure  NVidia Control Panel --> Set PhysX configuration screen was set to "Auto-select".

I'm running Lenovo W520 w/Nvidia Quadro 1000M, 64 bit Windows 10 Creator ver. 1703

Edited by JNP

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Downloaded and installed latest (362.77-quadro-grid-desktop-notebook-win10-64bit-international-whql) and still no luck.

Lenovo W520 w/Nvidia Quadro 1000M, 64 bit Windows 10 Creator ver. 1703

Edited by JNP