Is There a Way To Manage the Clipboard?

Marilynx

So, I've sort-of come full circle on my PDN. 

I found PDN looking for a program with layers in order to do Barn Hunt courses. (Nearly lost my mind.)

I now have a really fine template for doing generic courses. I've also done one for our local club which can be distributed to hired judges to make their courses on. I'm going to be doing another one after I get the measurements for a Hunt facility in the north of my state once I get the measurements on that.

And I'm doing the courses for our formal practice (not YET a Judge) in a couple weeks.

My problem -- I have to set up maps with the rat tube positions for each blind. I have each blind on a separate layer. There are twenty blinds for each level, Novice, Open, Senior, Master. 

I use the Wand to select the tube symbol (Rat 1) and then go through the layers placing Rat 1 on all the layers. Then I select the next symbol (Rat 2) and repeat. But by the time I get to Rat 3, I'm turning on and off layers so I can see where to position the next one so that it is different from the blind before it and after it.

Sometimes I get screwed up and have, say, two #5s on one blind and none on another. And maybe I am working on #6 when I discover it. So I have to go re-select #5, put it in place, then go back and reselect #6, and continue on. 

In Word, I can turn on the Clipboard, and it will show be a list of the last ten or fifteen items I have copied. I can click on one, and it inserts that text or picture into my document at the point I specify. 

Can I do something similar in PDN? Can the Clipboard be selected from that way, and maybe I just haven't found it?

I attach two clips of a Master and a Senior course showing rat tubes. Note: orange rectangles are ground-level bales, blues are second level bales, and green is third level. Rectangles with arrows are "leaner" bales, angled against another. Light purple are boards placed to support tunnel structures. Each "level" is on a separate layer so I can print construction maps for course builders. 

I plan to be doing a tutorial for other Barn Hunt course builders to use Paint.Net for their courses. I find it relatively easy, the maps are clear and easy to use, and for those of us who spend all or money on our dogs, PDN's price is definitely right!

If anyone is interested in seeing my boy, Harper, run, you can see the videos at Riverstar:  https://youtu.be/x-5L-TimvIY which is his first Champion run -- he's searching for an unknown number of rats (as it turned out, there were only two), and must find them, and then tell me he's found them all. (My husband is NOT a videographer, btw!)

2016-08-14_Senior_Blind01.JPG

2016-08-14_MasterPractice01_Layer04.JPG

Yes, it called a Clipboard manager. These are stand alone programs, and not integrated into paint.net.

These work just as you described. They list last few items that have been on the clipboard, and you can select one of them to place it back on the clipboard.

Personally, I like to use ClipX.

http://bluemars.org/clipx/

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks... I will go take a look at ClipX and maybe ask around other places.

Was just thinking that if it was integral to PDN and I'd missed it, it would be nice to know.

FWIW Linux Mint KDE has a nice Clipboard Manager built-in. It allows you to set instances or clipboard memory (how many you want to save) and easy access to the clipboard via an icon on the Task Bar. You can also assign key-board shortcuts for functions.

Sure this is totally irrelevant to most PDN users, but it's just food for thought...... 

69unju0.gif

40 minutes ago, dipstick said:

FWIW Linux Mint KDE has a nice Clipboard Manager built-in. It allows you to set instances or clipboard memory (how many you want to save) and easy access to the clipboard via an icon on the Task Bar. You can also assign key-board shortcuts for functions.

That's pretty much how all of them work. GNU/Linux, Windows, or otherwise.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

On 3/9/2017 at 1:04 AM, toe_head2001 said:

Yes, it called a Clipboard manager. These are stand alone programs, and not integrated into paint.net.

These work just as you described. They list last few items that have been on the clipboard, and you can select one of them to place it back on the clipboard.

Personally, I like to use ClipX.

http://bluemars.org/clipx/

Regrettably, I wasn't able to get ClipX to work. It downloaded, and apparently installed just fine. I filled in the options. But it doesn't come up when I'm working, regardless of program.

So I did my courses the old-fashioned way, one selection at a time, through all 16 layers of each of five courses.

But I thank you for the suggestion.