• D79bwFx.png
    • baseball3.png
    • baseball2e.png
    • iyh2woa.png
    • baseball4.png
    • Entry2_zpsxndslalr.png
    • EntryDirty_zps3bbrincu.png

You may vote for up to 4 entries.

Poll will close on at 0600 UTC (6:00 AM UK Time) on Saturday March 4.

To see how that equates to other countries, see the World Time clock or the UTC Time Zone map.

Poll is closed.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

<3  Congratulations to all winners. :trophy: :trophy-silver: :trophy-bronze: Thank you, all of you. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Congratulations @Woodsy - your 3rd win in a row :lol:.  Congratulations also to @MJW and @IRON67 :D.

Some mighty looking cricket base balls by everyone in this round.

Thankies to @toe_head2001 for hosting :beer:.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thanks all! I'm glad I was able to pick an object that attracted so many contestants. I had some stiff competition.

Thanks again Toe_Head for hosting!

Congrats Woodsy, that was a great baseball. Perhaps you can post the map so others can use it.....

• Upvote 1

69unju0.gif

Congrats to all - I can see I have a lot to learn. Any secrets or maps shared would be much appreciated for the next one. B)

MGT9iTs.png

• Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

Thank you Dipstick and AndrewDavid! I'm sorry but I didn't use a map. I started with Shape 3D on a blank canvas and added the texture and the threads next. Then I enclosed the threads on a different layer so I could use Bevel Object. I drew all the holes separately.

Edited by Woodsy
  • Upvote 1

amazing that you got the curvature correct without using a map..............

Anyway, even though my images were dis-allowed, I have no problem uploading my own map. Everyone is free to use it at will........

DdPtHdM.jpg

• Upvote 3

69unju0.gif

The part I couldn't get was how to create the proper texture. I spent time on the laces and tried to get them to lineup correctly on a sphere in Shape3D. I came close once with the texture part - but I ruined it and couldn't recreate it. I just got lucky finding the right color. The textures you guys did was amazing. I don't think I followed the correct path to create the object after reading your comments. Thanks for the feedback.

MGT9iTs.png

With the texture I used the "Random Shape Fill" plugin over and over and over then faded it to my liking. For the laces I used the "Line" tool and looked at a picture of a baseball for a comparison. But the important part is putting a radial gradient in transparency mode on the texture to make it look realistic.

• Upvote 1

Congrats to all the winners!!  :trophy:  :trophy-silver:  :trophy-bronze:

Some very fine looking baseballs.

@Woodsy....you're on a roll!  

Congratulations to Woodsy for another excellent entry. Congratulations to Pixey and Iron67, too. Thanks to toe_head2001 for hosting.

Thanks Woodsy and Dipstick. How else am I to learn? And don't say tutorials . Experience hanging with you pro's is a much better idea. B)

MGT9iTs.png

Edited by AndrewDavid