Print Screen not working.

Pixey

I just bought a new PC and have discovered that the Print Screen is not working with PDN.  Copy and paste is working fine - just not the Print Screen.  Any suggestions as to how to find a solution will be most appreciated :/

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

What exactly do you mean with "Print Screen"? Do you want to print out an image or do you mean the keyboard shortcut for copying the whole desktop to clipboard?

Yes, your 2nd Question.  Often when I'm making a tutorial I will take a screen shot of my work with the layers windows.  This will not work with my new computer.  I have read in another thread that this sometimes happens with certain software on the computer.

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

First: If you only want to copy your layer window to clipboard, be sure that it is the active window (just click on it) and then use AltGr+Print. Otherwise you should tell some infos about your running background processes by using the task manager.

And of course tell us, what happens, if you try it in your way. Is the clipboard empty or something else?

Edited by IRON67
  • Upvote 1

In my HP620 the picture of the screen is made by a combination of the fn + prt sc keys. In other models it can be combination of prt sc with other keys (F.E., alt, or ctrl).

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, ReMake said:

In my HP620 the picture of the screen is made by a combination of the fn + prt sc keys. In other models it can be combination of prt sc with other keys (F.E., alt, or ctrl).

OMG @Remake - it works!  Who knew you had to use the Fn key ................ well, you did of course - Bravo :D.  Thanks so much @Iron for your help too.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

Can you paste to other software like Powerpoint / Word? If not then you may have to use a combination of keyboards as ReMake suggested. (I have seen a laptop computer  where print screen works only when you use the function key.

EDIT : OOPS too late :) 

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 1

Hi Pixey,
I can't help with the PrtSc key not working (looks like Remake has solved that) but you could create a shortcut to the built-in Windows 'snipping tool'.
I find it useful for tutorial/plugin graphics.
Mine is in Windows/system32/SnippingTool.exe but you should be able to search for it.

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

2 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

Hi Pixey,
I can't help with the PrtSc key not working (looks like Remake has solved that) but you could create a shortcut to the built-in Windows 'snipping tool'.
I find it useful for tutorial/plugin graphics.
Mine is in Windows/system32/SnippingTool.exe but you should be able to search for it.

Thanks @Redochre - that too is news to me and sounds interesting.  I will give that a try B)

30b8T8B.gif