How to Install Plugins ×

Flourish, swirls, spirals (new 6th Feb '17)

Red ochre

Muchas gracias amigo!

ROmustache.png

• Upvote 4

Updated version uploaded.

Ego Eram Reputo suggested changing the 'LineJoin' pen property to 'Round'. This solves the artifact problems with the outline! - many thanks E.E.R.:star:

I've also added the choice to fill the figure before (+ve) or after (-ve) outlining the shape, using the outline width slider.

Apologies to those that have already downloaded - please update, this version is better.;)

• Upvote 1

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Dear Red Ochre!

<3Thank you so much for the plugin.  :coffee:  :cake: or  :beer:  :pizza: 

07-02-2017.png

07-02-2017-RO.png

07-02-2017-ROP.png

Sorry! 3x ;)

Edited by Seerose
  • Upvote 7

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Cool, a new plugin from the master.

High praise indeed Sasha! Thank you.
I know there are many far more capable plugin writers here on the forum, so it is very flattering to be described as 'the master'.:)
... Or did you mean the Dr Who baddie?:lol:
Looking forward to seeing what you can create using it.

Thanks LionsDragon - drawing accurately using the mouse is always a challenge for me too.;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

14 minutes ago, Red ochre said:

High praise indeed Sasha! Thank you.
I know there are many far more capable plugin writers here on the forum, so it is very flattering to be described as 'the master'.:)
... Or did you mean the Dr Who baddie?:lol:
Looking forward to seeing what you can create using it.

Thanks LionsDragon - drawing accurately using the mouse is always a challenge for me too.;)

I don't think the Doctor's personal pest can focus long enough to write code.

Ohh puh-leeze, I've seen your gallery. :) Of course, I can't draw swirls with pencil and paper either, so there's that.

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

A most appropriate plugin for swirling eyebrows and mustaches on my cartoon-like artworks :)

EAP-Sketch-1-with-some-Flourish-hairing.

On 2/7/2017 at 7:55 PM, LionsDragon said:

I can't draw swirls with pencil and paper either, so there's that.

One trick that may work when drawing swirls (or lines in general) is fixing your sight on the finishing spot while you're drawing the line instead of trying to follow the whole trajectory of the line as you draw it. Perhaps the trick may also work when drawing with the mouse, though I've only tried it with pencil on paper :)

Edited by Maximilian
broken image link repaired
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 7

<3 Dear Maximilian!

The final result looks awesome! Love it! I will use it for sure. Thank you so much. :cake:  :coffee:  gibfive.gif

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Glad you liked my piece, Red :) And also glad I'll now be able to come up with convex and concave facial hair :lol:

I used to sketch with pencils as a child —horrible sketches I think :P —but then I quit for too many years, which I now perceive as an unfortunate mistake. I won't quit anymore for as long as I can buy pencils and paper :P Combining mediums produces unique results and unique feelings of accomplishment, and sometimes it also produces seven rep points or so :lol: