Object of the Fortnight - Discussion thread.

toe_head2001

If it should be limited to one or the other of toe_head2001's examples, I think the combination wrench is a good choice. It provides a bit more variety than a double-ended wrench in the first example. Glad to see you back in the thick of things, Woodsy!

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Woodsy said:

But I think we should all concentrate on Toe Head's second example, a combination wrench. If that's OK with everybody?

24 minutes ago, MJW said:

I think the combination wrench is a good choice. It provides a bit more variety than a double-ended wrench in the first example.

Personally, I'm all for the fixed-sized combo wrench, but Pixey should get the last word on this.

In the mean time, I will temporarily lock the entry thread, in the (unlikely) event someone will try to enter an image of the wrong wrench type.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

You guys must stay up late whilst I smileys-sleeping-804877.gif

Let's go with what Toe & Woodsy suggest - the fixed size combo wrench, as I think any other type may be a bit too difficult for everyone.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

When was rule #0 added? I don't recall seeing that before. Is it a good idea to change the rules during a comp?

No matter, it is what it is. I'm not going to make a new one. If you don't like mine, don't submit it for voting. I'm cool with that....

69unju0.gif

1 hour ago, dipstick said:

When was rule #0 added? I don't recall seeing that before. Is it a good idea to change the rules during a comp?

Sorry about that dipstick. You are correct, it was added approximately 22 hours after the competition was started.

It is indeed a bad idea to change the rules after the fact, but in this case, it seemed necessary for some disambiguation. Shorty after the issue of ambiguity as identified, I locked the entry topic and put up a notice about "pending discussion". By the next morning, we had decided on 'fixed-sized combo wrench', so I added that info to the topic and unlocked it.

Your wrench looks awesome though. B)

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

Great entries for the spanner. If we are being pedantic about the "fixed size" then we should not be allowing adjustable wrenches (shifters in Australia) & the spanners are combination - that is open ended/ring spanner. Just to throw a spanner in the works. :D 

THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Reminder: You have approximately 2 and a half days left to update your entry or submit a new one. (See the countdown for exact time remaining)

Thanks to those who have participated so far.

On 4/14/2017 at 6:45 PM, barbieq25 said:

If we are being pedantic about the "fixed size" then we should not be allowing adjustable wrenches (shifters in Australia) & the spanners are combination - that is open ended/ring spanner.

Indeed. For the 'Object of the Fortnight' competition, we don't want to be comparing "Apples" to "Oranges".

bp-sig.png

bp-sig.png

@toe_head2001 The clock on the latest competition is not correct.  It's way past 8 AM in the morning on the 26th of May April in the UK already ;).

Edited by Pixey
typo

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

2 hours ago, Pixey said:

@toe_head2001 The clock on the latest competition is not correct.  It's way past 8 AM in the morning on the 26th of May April in the UK already ;).

It's counting up now... I knew I should have used that "stop at zero" option.

Sorry for the delay with ending the poll. My mind was somewhere else.

bp-sig.png

So...as long as they're within the size limits...would gaming dice be acceptable?  I'm a D&D nerd from waaaay back, and I always thought some of the specialized dice were really cool.

EDIT: Nevermind, just re-read the rules. Somehow my brain skipped over the "six-sided" line. *facepalm*

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Upvote 1

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

19 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

I'm a D&D nerd from waaaay back,

+1 Me too!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

+1 Me too!

What class? I always played a half-elf magic user of some sort.

Never had much chop with that magical stuff! :lol: I always played a basic fighter or rogue. It was a loooong time ago.

Just a question for the new Dice-Competition: I saw there dices with unusual dot/eye combinations. Normally the sum of the opposite eyes of a dice must be 7.

Yup, and six-sided dice don't have a side with 9 dots on it.

This kind of stuff won't get anyone disqualified, but it will probably result in less votes. Food for thought.

bp-sig.png

:lol::mrviolet::mrred: ROFL - Thanks @toe_head2001 I never noticed and I made 2 of them. Back to the drawing board. They weren't perfect anyway. I noticed a few more errors when I posted them. Still lots of time left.

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

20 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

Never had much chop with that magical stuff! :lol: I always played a basic fighter or rogue. It was a loooong time ago.

I'm jealous actually. My fighters were always meh, and my rogues varied. Better than my rangers though!

And I seriously don't want to think about how long ago it was! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

bp-sig.png