Captioning

DrDibly

Hi, I need some help with captioning images. I want to add a box under the image and caption it, but make sure the caption itself is proportionate with the image, and written under it. I have an example attached, I was hoping there was some kind of plugin that can add captions like these. The only problem I have with manually putting captions is that I want them to be proportionate to the image, so images big and small have a caption that fits perfectly, and matches with other images' captions. Thank you.

Example.png

@DrDibly, that's pretty easy. I should be able to whip something up later today.

EDIT:

Try this plugin, and see if it's what you're looking for.

Base Size is calculated in relation the image height.

Caption.zip

Effects -> Test -> Caption

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Thanks Toe_head2001,

This is nice and easy to use.

My suggestions for this effect:

- Option to use primary color for the text and secondary color for the caption background.

- Left, Center and Right justification

- Option to place the legend on the top or the sides.

- Font Type choice

caption-text-effect-51286d4.png 

Edited by Eli
  • Upvote 1

Moved to paint.net discussion & questions.

• Upvote 1

@DrDibly, I'm sorry, plugins in paint.net can't change the image size (i.e. add more height to accommodate the caption).

@Eli, sure, all those are easy to do. I'll add them some time in the near future.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 3 years later...

Copied the caption.dll into the folder with the other dlls but test->caption does not show under effects. Has anyone an idea how to fix that?

Thanks Peter

Hello @PeterBerger and welcome :)

If you put the .dll into the Effects folder of PDN then, when you open PDN again, click on the Effects tab and look for "Test" it should show up in there :)

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Thank you Pixey!

It works and is some big help. Though, I am guessing that I can t change the background-color of the block nor the font(?)

I am surprised. This is a major issue for Kindle publishers. Captions of pictures to be included in the text are a real issue and this effect is solving it. 

6 hours ago, PeterBerger said:

Though, I am guessing that I can t change the background-color of the block nor the font(?

There is also this Plugin available in @BoltBait's Plugin pack:

There is another Plugin here which lets you choose font as well.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.