SOTW#160 - Topic - Manga / Anime

DrewDale

SOTW%20banner_zpshxayktd2.png

The theme this week is – Manga or Anime.  which has been chosen by – Maximilian (SOTW#159 Winner) 
This week you're challenged to design and create a signature based upon Manga or Anime Characters. It could be a self-portrait in manga style, a character or characters created from scratch, or maybe your own version of an already existent character.   

Description here (especially the third paragraph)

Example character #1

Example character #2

The deadline for entries is 7:00pm (UK Time) on –  Friday January 6.
(This may change depending on entrant totals / Festive season preparations)   

To see how that equates to other countries, here is a link to the World Time

Competition Rules   

1. Max sig dimensions 500 x 200. Please NOTE: The forum limits signatures to 500 x 150, if it is too large do not try to use it as your sig.   
2. Signatures may be either Horizontal or Vertical.  
3. Please keep your signature family friendly.  
4. Keep to the theme that has been set.  
5. You may modify or replace your image until the deadline!   
6. Don’t violate copyright laws with found images; links to source images would be courteous.  
7. Your entry must be made using Paint.net.  Please don't use an outside image editor and try passing it off as PDN work. 
8. There are multiple entries per entrant allowed.  
9. Don’t add links to larger versions of your signature, your entry should be voted on based on the size layed out in rule #1. Please keep larger versions of your work for your gallery.  

The winner of the current SOTW gets to choose the subject for the next competition.  Good luck all and thank you in advance for entering.

Thanks to - Chrisco97, Sozo, TheHowler, Nitenurse79, Chimay and Pixey for keeping this competition going in the past.
Previous comps have included the following topics as listed
Here compiled by MJW. This list will, perhaps assist future winners with a theme.

This thread is for posting your entries only.  
If you want to talk about any of the entries, or ask a question regarding the comp, you can do so in the discussion thread found here..

Edited by DrewDale
  • Upvote 2

BREtKQW.png

well Drew, Max,

this how close i am to anime and manga.

i hope you you like it

relax_drag2_400x200.png

Arigato;)

Edited by Shochi
  • Upvote 5

The guy's name is Dohko, a character from the manga and anime series Saint Seiya which probably most of you never heard of (I understand the series wasn't very popular in English-speaking countries, though it remains a classic in Japan, France, and much of Latin America). The tiger —done with TR's SplineMaster and colored with Red's Gradients Galore— is tattooed on his back and has lots to do with his power (called cosmos in the series). All PdN, both faces done by hand based on two stills from the anime only for reference. Hope you like it :)

SOTW_160_1st_submission.png

• Upvote 6

Having absolutely no clue about anime or manga characters; I  used  the sample #1 DrueDale provided, as a reference.

I was able to get my mouse to curve only so much, thus  the beautiful free flowing lines of the original are sadly missing (as if I could have done them justice anyway :lol:).

manga%20style_zpsqjzcrnwd.jpg

• Upvote 5

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

These are Yuzuriha and Shion, two characters from Saint Seiya: The Lost Canvas. For this piece I developed a technique to turn an anime still —usually colored, since anime is made for TV— into its black and white counterpart similar to what is seen in manga —because manga pictures are usually black and white so as to be printed in magazines at a relatively low cost, with soft shadings or crosshatchings where lighting is needed. This is the anime capture used as source. The result would be more manga-like if the sky were grayish, but I chose to depart from the norm and use a bluish sky for contrast.

SOTW_160_2nd_submission.png

• Upvote 2

My very first vertical siggie featuring an anime Santa done entirely in PdN. Belated season's greetings to everyone! :)

SOTW_160_3rd_submission_animated.gif

• Upvote 3

The character is started some where before a year ago.

is from my first collection of trying to do anime.

this image was upgraded with strong lines.;)

it try to resize it to the the sig size. i hope i didn't destroy everything.

in case you liked it you can see it in my gallery pages. :D

SIG.png

• Upvote 2

Follows a chibi version of Superman also done entirely in PdN. Chibi characters also belong to the anime/manga culture, with the peculiarity that chibi characters are created so that they look small, cute, and childlike.

SOTW_160_4th_submission.png

• Upvote 1

• Pixey locked this topic