Portrait in HOPE manner

ReMake

<3 Dear @Maximilian

The colors really compliment each other. :trophy: Very nice. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

<3  Dear @Ella

Beautifully presented - love this!  :trophy: Thank you very much. :cake: :coffee:

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

2 hours ago, Seerose said:

<3 Dear @Maximilian

The colors really compliment each other. :trophy: Very nice. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you very much, dear Seerose! <3 I'm very glad you appreciate my works LaieA_060.gif

• Upvote 1

I have added to the first post one more method of creation a portrait in the Pop Art style. Try this method with the presets from Pop_Art package.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I've done a new portrait with the new method. I've used the Pop_Art_7 setting for the Gradient Mapping plugin on the layer affected by the Majority effect (this one turned out quite red :)).

The portrait is based on the following photo (you'll identify her if you are a fan of the Black Sails TV show)

Anne_Bonny_from_Black_Sails.jpg

And here's my final result:

Anne_Bonny_Portrait_in_Hope_style.jpg

Edited by Maximilian
fixed broken links
  • Upvote 4

Thank you for the additional method. I've edited my previous post to add a thumbnail to the original image on which I workedhi.gif

20 hours ago, Maximilian said:

I've done a new portrait with the new method. I've used the Pop_Art_7 setting for the Gradient Mapping plugin on the layer affected by the Majority effect (this one turned out quite red :)).

The portrait is based on the following photo (you'll identify her if you are a fan of the Black Sails TV show)

Just wonderful @Maximilian!!   Great use of the presets.  I love that show...too bad it's the last season....>:O

• Upvote 1

Thank you Remake for the tutorial. Any help in learning this wonderful app is much appreciated. Here's another example of a great tutorial that demonstrates the wonders of PaintDNet.

johnwayne2.png

MGT9iTs.png

• Upvote 2

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

7 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Just wonderful @Maximilian!!   Great use of the presets.  I love that show...too bad it's the last season....>:O

Yeah, it's horrible it's almost finished :/ Sadly all good things come to an end :( But thanks for the rep and positive feedback! <3

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Seerose said:

Dear @Maximilian<3 I have to say this is fantastic work.  :lightning: Thank you my friend. :cake: :coffee:

Thank you for your constant support, dear Seerose! JC_Hi-Five.gif

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Thank you  @ReMake - playing with this technique is fun! (My favorite trick is dublicate the layer - apply Relief and/or Motion Blur - and blend them adjusting the opacity.) Btw sometimes the photo background can be useful as it is - depends on what you need. :)

Red-Phone.png

Lizard-King.png

Buket-Doran.png

Bass-Queen.png

Edited by Vagabondi
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

signature.png.ebe2dec8b8faab2aa57630b352

my gallery is  here

• 1 month later...

I used this on a photo of myself when it was first published. My wife commented that I made myself look even worse than she thought possible, thanks @ReMake.

Now, advanced Greyscale is no more, so I used Posterize.

ZE4tdDS.png

• Like 1

Xkds4Lh.png

Nice work, @Djisves. Thank you for sharing.

1 hour ago, Djisves said:

Now, advanced Greyscale is no more,...

What do you mean when you say Advanced Greyscale is no more? Both effects still work well for me with paint.net 4.2.11. You can also use Simulate Color Depth by @Cookies with 3-bit Color Depth.

What settings of Posterize effect you applied?

I can only find one Advanced Greyscale plugin, the one by @Illnab1024, and it's not supposed to to work with the current version of PDN if we are to trust the moderator's note on the thread. If there's another one, in any status, @Ego Eram Reputo's list does not list it.

Yes, it looks like @Cookies's plugin will do nicely for this tutorial, thank you for the tip.

I turned the image to B&W and then used Posterize at settings R4, G4 and B3, like in the original greyscale instructions. 

Xkds4Lh.png

Yes, @Illnab1024 is the developer of both effects. The first link will take you to the topic Channel Mixer Greyscale, the second - to Illnab1024's Plugins. (v1.1). Both effects have the same name and were created using the same script (anyone can recompile and republish this effect). As I said, both effects work well.

4 hours ago, Djisves said:

I can only find one Advanced Greyscale plugin, the one by @Illnab1024, and it's not supposed to to work with the current version of PDN if we are to trust the moderator's note on the thread.

Moderator is right, because there are two effects from the Illnab1024's Plugins. (v1.1) (Cutout Effect and Point Warp Effect) that are not compatible with paint.net 4+. The other effects work well. @toe_head2001 fixed Point Warp Effect.

• Upvote 2