LionsDragon

LionsDragon's Gallery--Je m'apelle McKenna

206 posts in this topic

@LionsDragon You're welcome. :)

I don't use them much. But, upon testing what can I do with them, they're good for creating 'chaos'. I can't help creating chaotic things to, then, start looking for shapes or figures... It's kind of like searching images in clouds or forests. Also, both fractals are good for effects. X]

Oh, that. o.o The only advice I can give is something I caught from just observing and practicing. Shapes are the base for a drawing. It doesn't matter if it's cartoon-ish, anime/manga, semi-realistic or realistic.

I didn't know that. o.o

3 hours ago, Beta0 said:

@LionsDragon You're welcome. :)

I don't use them much. But, upon testing what can I do with them, they're good for creating 'chaos'. I can't help creating chaotic things to, then, start looking for shapes or figures... It's kind of like searching images in clouds or forests. Also, both fractals are good for effects. X]

I like making "fire and ice" pieces with them, which is part of why I had the idea to add fractals to this image.

3 hours ago, Beta0 said:

Oh, that. o.o The only advice I can give is something I caught from just observing and practicing. Shapes are the base for a drawing. It doesn't matter if it's cartoon-ish, anime/manga, semi-realistic or realistic.

...That helps immensely, believe it or not! I guess I never thought to break drawings down that way....

3 hours ago, Beta0 said:

I didn't know that. o.o

Well, I think this is the first time I've mentioned it on the forums.

@LionsDragon That's good. :)

Yep! It kind of helps with body proportions. Almost every tutorial about drawing/sketching advises it.

Oh. Sorry for bringing it up. :(

Well. Now I feel very silly. I always skipped that step as a kid. That could be why I never learned to draw.

On 5/22/2017 at 1:32 AM, Beta0 said:

Oh. Sorry for bringing it up. :(

Dude, no worries! I brought it up, remember? :) I have glaucoma, the type where my eye pressure spikes really suddenly. I thought it was a migraine triggered by my ragweed allergy. :P

@LionsDragon No need to feel that. I used to draw without doing shapes. They would come out weird without a good 'foundation' (not sure if it's called like that.) So, it takes time to get good at drawing. :)

Okay. Had to look it up. I hope that's getting treated. :)

On 5/25/2017 at 2:22 AM, Beta0 said:

@LionsDragon No need to feel that. I used to draw without doing shapes. They would come out weird without a good 'foundation' (not sure if it's called like that.) So, it takes time to get good at drawing. :)

This explains a lot of my frustrations. Boy, if I could have a word with my younger self for being so impatient!

On 5/25/2017 at 2:22 AM, Beta0 said:

Okay. Had to look it up. I hope that's getting treated. :)

It is! Just had a check up today, in fact, and my doctor was surprised to discover I've regained a little vision in my right eye. :)

So on that note--cake for everybody! :cake: