LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

Cute little dragon! I agree with Toe-head, it needs some scales and some teeth. I think it's looking for the back of a sofa to lay on.

Edited by Woodsy

I hope it's an asbestos sofa. ;) As for the teeth...well, she's got a beak, so I'm not sure how well teeth would work out for her. Have to do some tinkering on this one. :)

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

Second draft...I had the scaling almost done when @Maximilian linked that tutorial, but now that means I can do a better job in the third draft!

I've spent most of the day trying to figure out her ecological niche so I can adjust accordingly. O.O

tMEOkpW.png

• Upvote 3

Dracarys! :trophy:;)

Those scales look evil, and the wings have developed a hellfire aspect as well :) I'm glad the tutorial I linked above has proved useful. Keep firing up the draconic spirit! ?

• Upvote 1

it usually takes me 5 drafts before I release my pics @LionsDragon. Keep plugging on. Its coming along nicely. The scales look nice. And yes it does look like a sphinx cat cross bred with a dragon. Does it breath fire too?

• Upvote 1

PaintNetSignature.png.6bca4e07f5d738b2436f83d0ce1b876f.png

1 hour ago, Maximilian said:

Dracarys! :trophy:;)

Those scales look evil, and the wings have developed a hellfire aspect as well :) I'm glad the tutorial I linked above has proved useful. Keep firing up the draconic spirit! ?

*ducks* Incoming!--Oh, wait....

Thank you! I plan to do exactly that!

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, AndrewDavid said:

it usually takes me 5 drafts before I release my pics @LionsDragon. Keep plugging on. Its coming along nicely. The scales look nice. And yes it does look like a sphinx cat cross bred with a dragon. Does it breath fire too?

This is much earlier than I usually release something publicly, but I got completely and utterly stuck. I figured the wonderful community here has plenty of objective eyes. :)

Thank you! Still working on the tummy scales, but getting closer.

Yes, although they aren't very big flames yet. Usually just enough to cook her food. Loves fire-roasted tomatoes and fresh groundhog, this one.

I think it's coming along nicely. The part where the stone meets the right front leg distracts me a bit. The blurring doesn't provide a very good distinction between the stone and KittyDragon. Perhaps that area could be darkened and turned into a shadow, since it looks like the light is shining from the top right?

• Upvote 1

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

13 hours ago, hippiechos said:

I think it's coming along nicely. The part where the stone meets the right front leg distracts me a bit. The blurring doesn't provide a very good distinction between the stone and KittyDragon. Perhaps that area could be darkened and turned into a shadow, since it looks like the light is shining from the top right?

I see what you mean. It kind of looks like the stone is swallowing her. I like the shadow idea!

8 hours ago, Woodsy said:

EVIL!!!

Only on every third Thursday. The rest of the time, she might just want to challenge you to a flying race. (Don't worry, she doesn't eat owls.)

Oh - Mckenna is so cute.  I think she may perhaps want to look ferocious, but I would bring her home anytime :D.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Pixey, I'll tell you a secret. She's about as un-ferocious as a dragon can get! Gets a bit crabby every third Thursday or so (not sure why), but other than that she's a little doll.

@Maximilian, thank you!

@Woodsy, traction? Well, she is kinda clumsy....

In case anyone wonders, McKenna means "fire-born." It seemed fitting.

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Upvote 1

@Woodsy ooooooh, I get it now! You're right, it does look tortoise-ish, doesn't it? I was aiming for the look of the grotesques in the borders of medieval manuscripts.