LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you for the inclusion in your  June 30th post, I am honored.bow.gif.732156569111f36fc383b16f7ba99039.gif  It's your accomplishments like the "Sons of the Muses" that is at issue. Must agree with the others; your journey is moving along with great strides. You are showing a selection of subject matter and style that is most interesting and stylistically progressing along very nicely. clap.gif.49fc959e58c688cb8f7d28d0b0164b4e.gif

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

*blush* Thank you so much, @Scooter! I couldn't have gained the confidence to try all these things without the encouragement here. :hug:

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

kVXsZqo.png

100% PDN. @Red ochre's Seascape tute and Tone Gradient Angle, @welshblue's cliff rock, some helpful tutorials from @Maximilian, @Ego Eram Reputo's Which Symbol Plus, plus what seems like half the plugins @BoltBait and @KrisVDM invented...and a lot of Norwegian pride and love.

Both sides of my family hail from the Hardangerfjord (about 20 miles apart!), so that's where I chose to set the piece. Hrafna is the feminine form of Hrafn, Old Norse for raven--and as I think I've mentioned, blackbirds are extremely special to me.

Lots of love to my PDN "family" for helping me build my confidence! @Rick Brewster, you deserve all the good luck for creating this software and this community.

I think I need coffee now.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 8

Oh gosh! How atmospheric & emotive is this! Fantastic use of tutes. This is what it is all about with tutes - helping people to be able to use plugins/effects to create wonderful new works like this one. Well done @LionsDragon :trophy:

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Someone's making steady progress along the path of artistry development, which is a very positive achievement in itself JC_goodpost.gif

And I'm always glad to be of help whenever I can help in any way JC_Hi-Five.gif

Coffee and cookies underway!! JC_coffee2.gifJC_cookies.gif

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Thank you my dear friend! And coffee and cookies are always the perfect response! :)

And why did my rep points clock only allow me to give two points????

• Upvote 1

I am honored, @Red ochre; thank you! :) I kind of envisioned them coming home after days/weeks at sea, ready to get out of the storm and back to their longhouses. (I was actually going to add a few, but liked it better this way.)

Wow...how mood-provoking!!  You're immediately drawn into the picture!  Love it!  <3  :cake:  :mtdew:     :)

• Upvote 1

<3 @LionsDragon!

OMG!!! Impressive. I see you make good use of the tuts. :trophy:  Your own variations are superb.

Thank you so much. :cake:  :coffee:

• Like 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

• 3 weeks later...

Beautiful drinking horn @LionsDragon!   I imagine it filled with mead.   :P

Edited by lynxster4
  • Like 1

19 hours ago, welshblue said:

Nothing wrong with coffee ... nice job on the horn of plenty.

Some really nice digital paintings too.

Thank you! Actually this reminds me I have to re-host my earlier stuff (thanks PB :P). And thanks again--the digital paintings were definitely a "cross my fingers and hope" learning experience!

Loving the atmosphere of Coming Home.  Great perspective.

Now I know why you couldn't put  horns on the helmet ;)

Yep, that is exactly why! ;) Still pondering your suggestion for a Viking portrait; as you might guess, I'm gonna be fussy about that one.

A lady from Norway contacted me a couple of years ago when she was doing her family tree and found we were related.

My son keeps saying he's going to do a DNA test to see if he's descended from Vikings

(personally I think he's just using it as an excuse not to shave and to go berserker on nights out ...)

Nice work

I have bad news for your son: Norwegian, as I mentioned, on both sides and can't find a Viking in the bunch. My mom's side is descended from the early kings of the Rus via the Jarls of Orkney (good chance of some berserkr blood in that line); my dad's side were the priests/caretakers of a pre-Christian holy site that's now under a church in Vossevangen. Neither side had a heck of a lot of reason to go a-viking!

If he really does fly into a berserkrgangr then...well, good chance you have some elite warrior blood! Given the incredible quality of your work, it wouldn't surprise me if you have some artisan ancestors as well.

Thank you again--a comment like this from you has me almost moved to tears. :):star:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Maximilian said:

One hornful for me, thanks!dwarf.gif

I'll bring the cookies!!  JC_cookies.gif

SKAL! ...Are those pepper cookies or spritz by any chance?

• Like 1