LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

Nice dragon kitty! Mckenna is cute. :) I like the version where you extended the paws and added shading. I think it add depth. Good job!

• Upvote 1

LoniTownsendSig.jpg

<3 @LionsDragon

:trophy: Another new dragon. That is really a great picture. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

@LionsDragon That's a cool idea. I've noticed that dragons don't have to be 100% reptile, so it's fine. Also, I like the textures. :)

I don't know if it's a photomanipulation or a drawing. I'm inclined to assume it's the former. While it's not my forte, some tips on composition can work.

I think the dragon seems to be merging with the background. Since the colors are similar, it would be good if the background's color tone is changed (darker with more contrast.) The focal point is McKenna. And the background is taking her spotlight.

The stone could be made darker as well. Just not to the same level as the background.

Some shadows and a rim light would help. The background is fire, so it would cast a subtle, rim light around McKenna and the stone. Kind of like this. Notice how the edges of the man allow him to stand out against the dark background. Though, for the purposes of the image, this one might work.

Finally, the eyes could have some sort of glow. Sometimes, fantasy creatures are depicted with glowing eyes, especially when their surroundings are dark or when they're placed in an action scene.

It's all I could think of. :]

• Upvote 1

(Please, be careful. Some of the sites I'm on might not be family-friendly. 😱 )

@Beta0, yes, sadly, a photomanipulation. I can't draw worth a darn, but I'm trying to improve my other skillsets.

I'm inclined to agree about the background. I was trying to make a play on "fire-born" and well, it looks like she's still hatching. :P I've tried giving her glowing eyes a few times and didn't care for the result; I'm torn between leaving her with "normal" eyes and trying a little glow deep within. I'll see which I like better.

I can't believe I didn't think of a "halo." *facepalm* Thanks.

Back to the canvas. ;)

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

@LionsDragon

8 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

yes, sadly, a photomanipulation. I can't draw worth a darn, but I'm trying to improve my other skillsets

Why sadly? I've found photomanipulations interesting. I was taught at college to do them, but I wasn't good. XD So, it's okay to do them. I want to see your progress. :)

9 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

I'm inclined to agree about the background. I was trying to make a play on "fire-born" and well, it looks like she's still hatching. :P I've tried giving her glowing eyes a few times and didn't care for the result; I'm torn between leaving her with "normal" eyes and trying a little glow deep within. I'll see which I like better.

Okay. Some ember might help along the way. X]

Sure. :)

9 hours ago, LionsDragon said:

I can't believe I didn't think of a "halo." *facepalm* Thanks.

Back to the canvas. ;)

You're welcome. X]

Have fun! :)

I agree LionsDragon, there's nothing wrong with photomanips! a lot of my work is a combination of whatever I can find.

I think this dragon has character though.

2 hours ago, Woodsy said:

there's nothing wrong with photomanips!

The trouble is..., there's never a dragon around when you want to photograph one :lol:

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Ego Eram Reputo said:

The trouble is..., there's never a dragon around when you want to photograph one :lol:

Tell me about it! Unless you want a Komodo dragon, and they're just grumpy.

9 hours ago, Beta0 said:

@LionsDragon

Why sadly? I've found photomanipulations interesting. I was taught at college to do them, but I wasn't good. XD So, it's okay to do them. I want to see your progress. :)

Well, I've always enjoyed drawing but never really made much progress at it. I have much better luck with PDN!

5 hours ago, Woodsy said:

I agree LionsDragon, there's nothing wrong with photomanips! a lot of my work is a combination of whatever I can find.

I think this dragon has character though.

Thanks! That really surprises me. O.O I feel better about seeing the world as "found-art-objects". :)

I fell in love with this dragon the second I saw her posted <3.   (I once met three Komodo dragons on a beach one evening - don't think I've run so fast in my life).

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

Getting better and better, my dear friend. Now all facial and body features are more visible. Cool fiery job!!Laie_60Bmini.gif(I'm starting to feel like drawing a dragon myself smile3.gif)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Ice dragons! I love them! Go ahead with the project! :)

dragon-animated-gif-15.gif

(I think this tutorial may give you some tips on ice dragons, especially on how the icy scales should look like when finished).

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Maximilian said:

Ice dragons! I love them! Go ahead with the project! :)

dragon-animated-gif-15.gif

(I think this tutorial may give you some tips on ice dragons, especially on how the icy scales should look like when finished).

Brr, I got chilly just seeing that! It's perfect! :)

• Upvote 1

<3 Dear @LionsDragon! I find the dragon fascinating.:trophy:  A wonderful creation. Thank you so much. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

It's amazing what you did with the fire dragon cat. :) I've noticed you used the Julia fractal for the fire. Nice! :]

On 5/17/2017 at 1:13 AM, LionsDragon said:

Well, I've always enjoyed drawing but never really made much progress at it. I have much better luck with PDN!

How much progress? o.o

• Upvote 1

@LionsDragon...I love your dragon's progression thru the various stages of development.  She is soooo cute!  Well done!  <3   :)

• Upvote 1

@Beta0, thank you! Yes, I have a soft spot for fractals, although I rarely find ways to use the Julia and Mandlebrot in my work. :) And um, I feel like I still draw the way I did in third grade. :/

Ironically, losing most of the sight in my right eye has helped because I've had to learn to re-see everything.

@lynxster4, thank you! She's been quite the learning experience, and yeah--she is pretty cute, even though I agree with @Pixey that she would rather be ferocious. ;)

Thank you again!

• Upvote 1