LionsDragon's Gallery--Happy Everything

LionsDragon

Could that be MST3k?  I hear Felicia Day will be in it.  I just love her...she's played a lot of good roles.  :)   (rep later)

• Upvote 1

Not familiar with that show - but it reminds me that one of the very first things I made in PDN was a green alien :mrgreen:.  I'm off now to have a look for it ..............

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

smile3.gifappl.gif

I'm not familiar with the show either, but I like doing aliens in PdN as well (although mine tend to be ugly and menacing :P)

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, lynxster4 said:

Could that be MST3k?  I hear Felicia Day will be in it.  I just love her...she's played a lot of good roles.  :)   (rep later)

It is, it is! Yes, Felicia Day (very talented woman) will play Clayton Forrester's daughter, and Patton Oswalt will play TV's Son of TV's Frank. (I never noticed before how much he resembles the original actor; it's kind of eerie.)

1496930299_DraconicSig.png.8e49d04e5ce393bdcdf9f0dfb54bf1c8.png

@Pixey, @Maximilian, @Seerose thank you! I think some of the original series might be on YouTube; I recommend looking it up!

Oh, and Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot (the guys in my picture) are actually robots built by a janitor/inventor who was kidnapped and launched into space...it's a weird show, but SO brilliant!

• Upvote 1

My day job partly involves being a crochet expert/instructor. I crochet um...a lot. So, I decided to tackle some crocheted fabric in Paint.Net. I like how it turned out and plan to see what else I can do with it. I also drink a lot of coffee--so, "Yup," this is my kind of evening!

SPUGxZ0.png

• Upvote 8

This is a wonderful self portrait. I tried crochet a long, long time ago but I am not very patient with needles :). I also put plenty of cream on my coffee :D.

• Upvote 1

What a delightful still lifes image @LionsDragon :D.  I used to crochet a lot.  The last thing I made was a loo roll cover :lol:@barbieq25 will love this image too, as she's crazy about crocheting. 

• Upvote 2

30b8T8B.gif

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

@Eli, well, I've always believed everyone's hands are made for something different. I can direct you to some resources if you want to try again though! :) And you're right...I guess it IS a self-portrait!

@Pixey, thank you! That's actually one thing I'm not sure I could manage--too germophobic. :( I didn't know you and @barbieq25 both crocheted! <3

@Maximilian, thanks! My husband drinks his coffee black most of the time (but sometimes likes a little flavored creamer). I can't drink it black or it upsets my stomach. :( Although now I think I need another cup of coffee! :coffee:

Edited by LionsDragon
  • Upvote 1

Now just you wait a dog-gon-minuet! wow2.gif  Crochet? Coffee? Space Aliens?  What the heck has this here fine gallery sunk  to? ...................Oh, wait, sorry,  It's your gallery, Hehehe uh, never mind doh.gif.....OOOK....I'll just go over here in the corner, and watch the paint dry.

p.s. it's all 4346fefe.gif

p.p.s. I really  like your "self portrait" too.  getsmileyCA01OWOH.gif

• Upvote 1

Scooter

Age is only  a number --in my case a Really BIG number, but there you have it

When the prefect paint.net image is created, I will still be wondering "How they Do that?"- sigh☺️

<3 Dear @LionsDragon!

:trophy: You do really lovely work. At that time I knitted a lot. Today I'm only dealing with paint.net.:PaintDotNet16:

Thank you so much for your effort and your gallery. :cake: :coffee:

• Upvote 2

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Wonderful crochet piece @LionsDragon!   <3   Like how you've done the 'yarn'.  What will you crochet next??  (haha)   :coffee:   :cake:

• Upvote 1

Thank you @lynxster4! I've actually been trying to figure out the ball of yarn for ages. Then I saw @Pixey's rope tutorial and something clicked. I built up layers of "yarn" and made a sphere in Shape 3D. A little Relief, FurBlur, and GridWarp on the ball to give it texture and there it is!

IRL, I'm crocheting some class samples (and the pattern for one of them has a big error in it, grr). In PDN...not sure, since right now I'm working on a piece that keeps leading me into happy accidents. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Yarn, garden, rats & art. I barely fit work & hubyy in, though I have not done any art for a while now :( Brilliant image. Well done!

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

@barbieq25, thank you so much! I wondered; I miss your inspiring work. :( And, and...brilliant? THANK YOU! *does happy dance* How many rats do you have?

@hippiechos thank you! I'm pretty proud of it; I've been trying to get the yarn ball looking right for ages.

@LionsDragon, I rescued one on the weekend. THey said he was flighty & bitey. They called HIM Lucille! I'd probably bite too. He is a sweet boy who needed medication for a respiratory infection. Now settling nicely & we have called him Felix. He is my 5th boy & I have 7 girls :D 

I miss doing my art too & hope to get back to doing some soon. Keep up the lovely work!

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

They called a BOY Lucille? They didn't listen to "A Boy Named Sue" I take it. I agree, I'd bite too! I'm glad Felix is settling in so well! :) And wow, that is a big furfamily! Worth it though. :) Congratulations on the new addition!

11 hours ago, barbieq25 said:

They called HIM Lucille! I'd probably bite too. He is a sweet boy who needed medication for a respiratory infection. Now settling nicely & we have called him Felix. He is my 5th boy & I have 7 girls :D 

And how do I tell my cat - Felix - that he has a rat named after him bawling.gif :lol:

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

@Pixey...very, very carefully. I would suggest, "not at all."

@Woodsy, for a split second I thought your other two cats would be Darryl and his other brother Darryl. Larry, Moe, and Curly work too--assuming Larry didn't mind.