Is paint.net considered one of the best editing software?

Better! Paint.net is the BEST free image editor.

It has a nice friendly user interface.

Hundreds of free plugins.

Welcoming, friendly forum :D

Extensive documentation.

And you get the opportunity to directly assist in the development by donating in support of the person who is actually writing it (Rick).

• Upvote 4

We're better!

You will invest more thought but that will give you a better understanding of how computer graphics work.

We have effects unthought of in photoshop and the possibility to write your own effects too!

... and some very clever and kind people to help you if you get stuck.

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I think its the most user-friendly graphics manipulation software out there for free. We have hundreds of plugins that extend PDN's functionality. We have this helpful forum where you can also contact Rick, the developer himself and the plugins makers too.

Many of us here are PDN diehards so expect the praises we have for it over the competition.

It depends on what you're using it for. Paint.net is super user-friendly and is great for both photo editing and rendering cool stuff, especially with all the plugins that are available for free. There are tons of plugins you can find that will do things you'd never even dream of doing with Photoshop. However, if you're looking to do digital painting and need extensive brush features, you will find Paint.net to be somewhat inferior. The 4.0 update helped a lot, as it allowed for soft brushes, and there's a custom brush plugin available as well, but it's still a long shot from being photoshop in that area. Otherwise, I definitely prefer Paint.net to its competition.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

Better! Paint.net is the BEST free image editor.

It has a nice friendly user interface.

Hundreds of free plugins.

Welcoming, friendly forum :D

Extensive documentation.

And you get the opportunity to directly assist in the development by donating in support of the person who is actually writing it (Rick).

Nuff Said  B)

BREtKQW.png

The word "Best" is a relative term. What's one man's trash is another man's treasure. As far as free image editors go, I like PDN best. Not because it is very easy to use, but because of all the very good free plugins available for it. I have and use three free image editors (PhotoShop, Gimp and PDN) and yes Adobe gave away a free version of PhotoShop (9) CS2. I use PDN about 90% of the time.

I have them all installed in Linux. I don't use Windows much anymore.

69unju0.gif

... and yes Adobe gave away a free version of PhotoShop (9) CS2.

That "free version" is meant for people who cannot activate their legitimate CS2 license, due to Adobe shutting off an old DRM server.

So technically, Adobe didn't give away Photoshop CS2, since you're supposed to already have a license from them.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Legal? Not here in the USA, as our copyright law includes provisions in EULAs. :( (Yes, copyright law can be extended just by adding provision in a EULA. How disgusting is that?)

If you purchased a CS2 product and are having activation issues, you can download replacement media from this page.

Only customers who legitimately purchased CS2 or Acrobat 7 and need to maintain their current use of these products may use the serial numbers provided during the download.

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

From Forbes Magazine:

Adobe scientist Dov Isaacs clarifies:
On behalf of Adobe Systems Incorporated …

You have heard wrong! Adobe is absolutely not providing free copies of CS2!
What is true is that Adobe is terminating the activation servers for CS2 and that for existing licensed users of CS2 who need to reinstall their software, copies of CS2 that don’t require activation but do require valid serial numbers are available.

EDIT: I will say, Adobe can hardly blame people for being confused by the way they handled this.

• 3 years later...

Paint.Net still lacks a tool, that many other same level image/picture editing software have. 

if you are going to working in the industry get photoshop as its unlikely to switch over anytime soon. If it's just personal then use whatever program your budget allows. You can also get Affinity Photo or GIMP . I believe it would be adequate for most if not all your post-processing/editing needs.

whatever program you get, your still going to go through the same thing.

I prefer Gimp, as it is free to use, and you can still get professional results. 

I am using the <snip> drawing tablet for Gimp . It’s the best thing I ever did for photo editing. It’s seriously amazing.  

Edited by toe_head2001
Removed possible product advert