Rest in Peace - Woodsy

Woodsy

great job that radio. the detailing in the wood panaling, exquisite. my dad had one just like it many years ago before it was destroyed in fire. it could have sold for some serious dough

Golly - you are really, really good at this @Woodsy.  So realistic once again and I am amazed at your talent with wood textures.  Great work :star:.

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

The radio's are all the go Woodsy, way cool, good work. :-)

Edited by Rickhum
  • Upvote 1

Sig.jpg

“Go as far as you can see; when you get there, you'll be able to see further.”

― Thomas Carlyle

Dear Woodsy!  <3  :trophy:

I love nice nostalgic stuff. This is excellent! Great job! Thank you so much.  :cake:  :coffee:

• Upvote 1

Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.

Gandhi

mae3426x.png

Heeeeeeeey, what a lovely radio! Clever idea & such smooth, schmick work. Not only is the wood great but just look at those dials - amazing! Bravo Woodsy!

• Upvote 1
THiGVp.png

Knowledge is no burden to carry.

April Jones, 2012

Thank you Seerose! I love nostalgic things also, they have such personality.

Thanks for the compliment Red! I like to try new things whenever I can.

Barbieq25 I do appreciate the kind words! The original radio is looking fairly tired, I just tried to make it look better.

Thank you very much Maximilian! I'm glad you like it.

• Upvote 1

I'm sorry Si Borg it is far too involved to do a tutorial. I can tell you the radio is done in gray scale and the wood grain is added using BoltBait's great "fill from clipboard" plug-in.

It's applied using the multiply blend mode which leaves it real dark so I make a light color covering the whole image and use the overlay blend mode to lighten it up. 

Everything is done by eye.

• Upvote 1

Wow Woodsy, you are so talented with wood grain etc... Great job...love it!  <3

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...

Is the brass dial generated, or is it a photographic image? I'm betting that it's from a photo. If it was produced in PDN, I'm incredibly impressed, and would likewise like to know how it was done.

You're right Mjw! The dial and brass part are from a picture. That's why I made the radio at that angle, so it wouldn't look weird.

I tried to make the brass part but I couldn't get it to look right.

I couldn't in my wildest dreams imagine how it could be done using PDN. But now I'll make it my mission (or at least a minor sub-mission) to try to approximate the effect as nearly as possible. That would be a fun competition.

OH MY!  That looks just like a photograph :).  What a beautiful image you have made.  The trees, the water, the tent, the wooden bench and the wooden logs - are so realistic.  What's for lunch?  I can't come if it's fish :mrred:(I hate fish, well - just eating them that is.)

• Upvote 1

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.