Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
harold

PDN File Info viewer

8 posts in this topic

It does what name makes you believe, it lets you view some information about a PDN file (dimensions, number of layers and the version of PDN used to save the image)

Not guaranteed to work with all .pdn files made by all versions of pdn

Also lets you view and save the thumbnail as png file

yes I know this program is absolutely useless..

PDNInfoView.zip

Simon came up with a wallpaper previewer, which is Paint.NET orientated, just not an effect per se. I can't see why this wouldn't belong in the Plugins section, too.

Great idea, by the way.

Moved to Plugins - Publishing Only

Well it doesn't plug into PDN..

This program exists because I opened a .pdn file in a hex editor and saw XML - including a base64 encoded PNG thumbnail. I thought it'd be fun to be able to extract that thumbnail, and included the other info because it's so easy to extract that it took less than a minute to write that part (extracting the thumbnail turned out to be equally easy, designing the crappy UI took most of the time I spend on it, which is about 5 minutes)

Well it doesn't plug into PDN..
I don't recall Simon's right-click context installer being directly plugged-in neither. Still related to Paint.NET ;).

If any more people don't find it suitable for this section of the Forum, I will respect your original decision and move this back to the Overflow.

Looks like there are people who downloaded it (I doubt many bots crawl binaries..) so, has anyone found a use for it? Or a bug perhaps?

No problem (but then, why post that? )

Anyone else maybe?