opentype fonts

Tuckeroo

I have installed a font called lobster two (from fontspace), which claims to have hundreds of ligatures and alternatives. Is there any way to use / see them all in pdn?  I have Win 7 and the latest version of pdn. 

Thanks

Jeanette

My WhichSymbol+ plugin will allow you to see some of them (perhaps not all). There is a link to it in my signature.

Thanks for that. I've installed the plugin, but didn't really see many variations - certainly way less than "hundreds". At least I know now that it's not worth paying money for a font with all the extra letters.

Jeanette

That sort of font is really only worthwhile in massively expensive, professional-level typesetting and publishing platforms, which isn't quite what Paint.NET is trying to be.  Adobe InDesign might give you better results, but even that is questionable.

Long story short, the site may not be lying to you, you might just not have all the tech required to really see everything fully.

Or it could be lying to you.  :-)

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Charmap might be of assistance here http://windows.microsoft.com/en-nz/windows/using-special-characters-character-map-faq#1TC=windows-7

Use it to find your special characters then copy them into the text tool in paint.net.

Thanks for the replies. I checked out the character map for the font and it showed a few more than whichsymbol. Should it show all the available characters within a font? Because that would be a way to get those fancy characters into paint dot net without having to use those massively expensive, professional-level typesetting and publishing platforms!

It will probably show you all of the available characters, but as far as I know not all of the available variants or ligatures.  But I could be wrong.  Still, if you find what you need in character map, go for it!

The Doctor: There was a goblin, or a trickster, or a warrior... A nameless, terrible thing, soaked in the blood of a billion galaxies. The most feared being in all the cosmos. And nothing could stop it, or hold it, or reason with it. One day it would just drop out of the sky and tear down your world.
Amy: But how did it end up in there?
The Doctor: You know fairy tales. A good wizard tricked it.
River Song: I hate good wizards in fairy tales; they always turn out to be him.

Oh. See there I'm showing my ignorance - I don't know that much about fonts. I suspect that it's all those variants and ligatures that I'm interested in. Are there any sneaky ways to get those into pdn?

Jeanette 

Lobster two does have hundreds of glyphs. Actually there is a set of 357 of them. This same set is reproduced in each of the styles regular, bold, italic and bold+italic.

CharMap should show them all. I suspect you were expecting 357x4=1428 glyphs?

Here's the full set

gm-720-18.png

fsl-720.png
Lobster Two Regular | 357 Glyphs

fsl-720.png
Lobster Two Italic | 357 Glyphs

fsl-720.png
Lobster Two Bold | 357 Glyphs

fsl-720.png
Lobster Two Bold Italic | 357 Glyphs

• Upvote 1