Mixing VS Designer controls with IndirectUI

I don't know how much experience you guys have with visual studio, but I've been working on a plugin recently and decided I was sick of the default Winforms sliders. I want to use Paint.Net's IndirectUI where I can to minimize the confusion users might have when working with my plugin. But, since my plugin is fairly advanced, I can't design it entirely with IndirectUI; I have functionality that can't be replicated with the few controls available.

I tried importing the controls into Visual Studio Designer, but I couldn't find anything (except the angle choose control, which I don't need). I guess that's why it's called IndirectUI.

I'm setting up the IndirectUI controls, but I'd like to have total control over where they are placed and so on. I don't know how to handle this with my current understanding of the framework; it looks like I just have CreateDefaultConfigUI() for the layout. I can't do this since I must have my own controls for the plugin to function correctly.

Any ideas?

You can't mix WinForm Controls with IndirectUI.

midora has the OptionBasedEffects library. It will create a UI that's similar to InidrectUI, but it's much more flexible and also provides a lot more Controls.

• Upvote 1

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

Midora's OptionBasedEffects are much more flexible, but there's almost no documentation. Midora says they are very similar to the PropertyBased effects of IndirectUI.

I'll post the updated source of my Graph Paper later today.

That will give you an example (not sure how good it really is though, enough to get it to work at least).

• Upvote 2

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

IndirectUI can't be used like this. 

Well, technically, it can, but it's a bug and it won't work in the next update.

If you need more customization, IndirectUI is not the right solution for you.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg