How to Install Plugins ×

Color Target Plugin Pack (13th July 2008)

rwp80

Seasons Greetings!

The Color Target Plugin Pack started off as 'Make Opaque' and developed into 'Color Target v1.0'. Successive versions of Color Target v1.0 (versions 1.1, 1.2, and 1.3) differ somewhat in their function, and thus became separate effects in their own right.

This is the newest version of Color Target.

Color Target Plugin Pack 13th July 2008

Unzip the file to your Paint.NET/Effects folder. (Normally, this is C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects)

Open Paint.NET, and find the effects in the Effects>Colors menu.

Color Target v1.3 (ColorTargetV13.dll)

Use the Color Picker tool on the area to be retained.

Color Target 1.3 retains pixels of a similar color and brightness, according to slider settings.

All other pixels are made transparent. Color Target is the crowning achievement of this plugin pack; I urge you to try it on a photograph of yourself.

Color Stretch v1.0 (ColorStretchV10.dll) (Formerly "Color Target 1.1")

Color Stretch 1.0 enables the artist to stretch color values of pixels within specified threshold limits.

Target Panel v1.0 (TargetPanelV10.dll) (Formerly "Color Target 1.1")

Target Panel 1.0 is an advanced color manipulation tool. The daunting interface includes sixteen sliders: Eight for input, and eight for output. This tool works, but is not user-friendly.

Here is a couple of demonstrations for Color Target v1.3

ColorTargetV13Demo.jpg

ColorTargetV13Demo2.jpg

Here's a older demonstration of Color Target v1.0 (now obsolete and replaced by Color Target v1.3):

ColorTargetDemo2.jpg

Hidden Content:
Here's a 'power-user' tutorial for the bear pic using Color Target v1.0:

Get bear pic; Duplicate layer;

Layer 1 - Black&White;

Layer 2 - Hue/Sat (0,200,0), Hue/Sat (0,200,0), Color Target (0,255,0,0), Color Target (0,255,0,1), Gaussian Blur 6, Set layer to 'Multiply'.

The user is required to use other Paint.NET skills in conjunction with these effects.

Any effect is only as good as the artist. Common sense is mandatory! :wink:

In an effort to keep things tidy, I have decided to delete the previous original post for 'Make Opaque' and 'Color Target v1.0'. My apologies to all those who commented below on the previous versions. For newer readers, keep in mind that any comments before 13th July 2008, are in reference to the older versions of the effect. Also, I recommend that any '.dll' files of older versions of Color Target or Make Opaque be deleted, as they are now obsolete.

I hope you enjoy making use of these tools. 8)

ColorTargetPluginPack130708.zip

Edited by Ego Eram Reputo
Added zipped *.dll

edit: make it a .zip some antivir-softwares are hard to .dll ( :?: ) :D

Fixed!

Plus this time round, I used a better file storage provider.

I'm trying to get my head around v1.1 which wll include a check box to 'Make Transparent' as opposed to 'Make Opaque'.

An idea for further in the future is to 'squeeze' the Alpha values instead of simply making them totally opaque or totally transparent. Just a thought at the moment.

Mine isnt working. I download it, install it, open it up and no matter what I do with the sliders, it doesnt do anything :shock:

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

Mine isnt working. I download it, install it, open it up and no matter what I do with the sliders, it doesnt do anything :shock:

Try to make a new transparent layer and draw some lines with deferent value of transparency. Then run the plugin. That is how I made it “do something.”

My DA: http://leif-j.deviantart.com/

--------------

Some people seek justice so persistent, that they will do great injustice themselves.

You can just attach the *.zip file to the original post. See the bottom of the post editor, just under the submit button is a file attachment area. click the browse button to upload directly from your computer and attach to the post. :)

I'm trying to get my head around v1.1 which wll include a check box to 'Make Transparent' as opposed to 'Make Opaque'.

Coding a checkbox is reasonably easy once you know how. Check out my WhichSymbol code here for checkbox syntax: viewtopic.php?p=194899#p194899

Thanks for the plugin!

Updated! My first plugin is already obsolete! :roll:

You can just attach the *.zip file to the original post. See the bottom of the post editor, just under the submit button is a file attachment area. click the browse button to upload directly from your computer and attach to the post. :)

Ahh, I didn't know that. However, I remember faintly something about all plugins having to be hosted off site. (I better re-check the rules!)

Coding a checkbox is reasonably easy once you know how. Check out my WhichSymbol code here for checkbox syntax: viewtopic.php?p=194899#p194899

Thanks for the plugin!

Thank you for reading/testing/commenting! :D

I hope this new version turns out to be more useful!

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

HUGE improvement, thanks a lot :!:

"Confusion is the welcome mat at the door of creativity." -Michaul Gelb

My Gallery Check it out!

:shock: :shock: :shock: WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

HUGE improvement, thanks a lot :!:

I am amazed at your super-quick response! Thanks!

Did someone shine this above you? :wink:

85543188_9b66b0b896_o.jpg

I hope this turns out to be helpful. I'm quite pleased with my red bear, although the amazon river demo turned out to be very ugly.

OMG :D

you are fast,

Thanks for the comment.

Yes, I do work fast. I must say, having BoltBait's tutorials and "C++ for Dummies" available is very helpful. :wink:

but can't you try to make a good plugin and not publish or update it every day :P

Well, this is a good plugin. Have you tried it yet? I use it all the time.

I am aware that I rushed too quickly to publish. Color Target v1.3 is very useful. The other effects are included because they are useful, but only in specific colour/brightness circumstances. Because of it's usefulness, I will leave it as is and keep developing it behind the scenes. If and when I come up with something brilliant, then I will re-publish, but that wont be soon.

While Color Target is somewhat promising, I think you should try to heavily incorporate some of the technologies I had to 'invent' when developing Color to Alpha: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25155

If you want some code examples, some of my theories and math, or anything else to bump up Color Target you can PM me ;)

signature.png

While Color Target is somewhat promising, I think you should try to heavily incorporate some of the technologies I had to 'invent' when developing Color to Alpha: viewtopic.php?f=16&t=25155

If you want some code examples, some of my theories and math, or anything else to bump up Color Target you can PM me ;)

Interesting plugin! Be prepared for a PM! :wink:

• 6 years later...

Hello @Deri - this thread is six years old and will be obsolete.  Please have a look at this Plugin Pack for similar results here.

30b8T8B.gif

How I made Jennifer & Halle in Paint.net

My Gallery | My Deviant Art

"Rescuing one animal may not change the world, but for that animal their world is changed forever!" anon.

I'll add a copy of this plugin pack to the first post later today (if I have it - which is not guaranteed).

Zipped plugin pack added as an attachment to the first post.

The three *.dll files come with the CodeLab source (*.cs) and a ReadMe text file (with out-of-date links).