Intel Texture Works

Well after some Google search, Intel Texture Works is a plugin for Photoshop.

Try PSFilterPDN. Its an amazing plugin for Paint.NET that hosts Photoshop plugins so hopefully, it can host this Intel Texture Works as well.

The Intel Texture Works plugin is a Photoshop File Format plugin (its equivalent of FileType plugins), PSFilterPDN only hosts Photoshop Filter plugins (its equivalent of Effect plugins).

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 year later...

I would like to please request someone on the PDN team to take a look into adding the DirectX 11/12 DDS compression formats into Paint.net as well.

If you need source and data information you can find at either Intel's GitHub page or on Intel's actual Source page.

Intel's Texture Works GitHub Page: https://github.com/GameTechDev/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin

Intel's Sample Source (linked on the GitHub page): https://software.intel.com/en-us/articles/fast-ispc-texture-compressor-update

Intel's Wiki page for DDS format and who supports what version (note: Paint.net is not even listed): https://github.com/GameTechDev/Intel-Texture-Works-Plugin/wiki/BCn-App-Support (I guess Intel doesn't even know Paint.net exists, which is a shame as it is a good program).

The only other item that Paint.net could really use, is the ability to view channels individually (color channels not image layers).

Side note: Fallout 4 Normal's (xxx_n.dds) and Specular's (xxx_s.dds) use a grey scale on the red and green channel, with the blue channel being completely blacked out. And the FO4 Normal maps have an inverted depth of field compared to Skyrim's R8G8B8 DDS textures.

from BringtheNoise (just some FO4/Skyrim tinkerererererererer).

• 3 years later...

i'm sure that if the devs of Paint.net would add support for the new dds files, that donations would come pouring in.
I donated some a while ago, but i would definitely donate a lot more compared to what i did before if the new dds format would be implemented.
and i would actively spread the word about it and tell people to show you guys some love.

Since now we MUST use photoshop, and photoshop is getting worse with every update, not the software itself, but the CC app is horribly unreliable and crappy software.
I'd happily start using Paint.NET and Affinity Photo combined to replace the Adobe software, cause me and many people alike in the gaming bussines are getting fed up wit Adobe.
And they are potentially millions of gamedevs on this world right now in dire need of an alternative.

4 hours ago, Marcurios said:

i'm sure that if the devs of Paint.net would add support for the new dds files...

Paint.NET has had built-in support for the new DDS files since 4.2.2, which was released on September 18th, 2019.

The new DDS support comes from bundling DDS FileType Plus, which was released on September 2nd, 2017.

This is why there is a forum rule against posting to old threads, they are likely out of date.

• Like 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

17 minutes ago, null54 said:

This is why there is a forum rule against posting to old threads, they are likely out of date.

This.

<closed>