Change Color

Hi
i need to change the color only for the wax in the pictures

the color i need is in the first pictures
and if you can just create for me the color i need in the first PIC ...
you can modify the 2-4 pic, and posted here ... becouse i tryed with a new layer (with Overlay) and the color it is not like in the 1st pictures
please help
thanks

post-142477-0-49235500-1453725631_thumb.

post-142477-0-39072900-1453725650_thumb.

Edited by mihai21c

Hello. :)

Have you already tried the methods found in this old post?

Tip: Adjusting the gray hue of your image will change how the blending mode looks. If have a colored layer set to overlay or multiply above your object layer, then click on your object layer and adjust it's gray hues using brightness/contrast, Levels, or Curves.

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles

I'm a little confused by what you want to do, since the first and third picture in the second comment seem to be the same picture, recolored. In any case, to recolor the third picture, you could use BoltBait's Hue / Saturation Plus with the Hue range around 0-60 and the Saturation Adjustment about -42. If you don't want to recolor the bag, you'll need to handle it separately by, for example, deselecting it using the magic Wand, etc.

1) Have both the object you want re-colored and the object that has the color you like open in paint.net, each on their own canvas.
2) Use the "Color Picker" tool to get the color from the object that has the color you like.

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ToolsWindow.html

http://www.getpaint.net/doc/latest/ColorPicker.html
3) Return to the object that you want recolored and add a new layer above it. Set the new layer's blending mode to "Overlay".
4) Use the "Fill Tool" to fill the new layer.
5) Click on the layer that has your picture, and use the adjustments Levels, or Brightness/Contrast, or Curves to darken the picture.
6) Remove the excess fill color using your preferred method. Magic wand tool, Alpha Mask plugin, the eraser tool, etc. (I personally would duplicate your object, turn it into a black mask by lowering the lightness slider in hue/saturation, and then use the Alpha Mask Plugin.)
7) Make some final adjustments if needed. Adjust the lightness, darkness, and contrast of the gray object till you have what you like. You can also tweak the color layer using Hue/Saturation.

Extra Tip, I played around with the picture from your first post. I thought the wax looked better by applying these three effects to it.

- Be on the layer that has the gray wax, then go up to Effects > Noise > Reduce Noise default settings.

- Then go up to Effects > Photo > Sharpen 10.

- Use levels or brightness/contrast to contrast the image more to add some more shine to the wax.

If you don't understand something, let me know, I will try to give you answers. :)

And also, I hope you aren't asking us to do the work for you. It's nothing against you, but, there are some forum rules. See #23. http://forums.getpaint.net/index.php?/topic/2932-read-first-the-rules-yes-you-read-this-2013-12-21/#entry22025

Edited by Cc4FuzzyHuggles
  • Upvote 1

hi again

it it;s simple to say all these .

I try to make the picture for 30 minutes and can not manage

if you say that are some rules here , than just tell me more that step by step

just tell me exactely what i must do .

until point 4 all it's ok for me .. but than ... i cannot do

5) Click on the layer that has your picture, and use the adjustments Levels, or Brightness/Contrast, or Curves to darken the picture. 

just tell me exactely what i must do ... Levels , Brighteness ... tell me exactely at what noumber i must put at each efect .. becouse i cannot do . brrrrrrrr

I'm still confused. In your second comment, you show three pictures, but the first and third seem to be the same image with different coloring, and somewhat different sizes. The second and third images can be recolored to closely match the color you said you want in your first comment by decreasing the saturation by about -42. What do you need to do that can't be done that way?

Edited by MJW

Eli's picture is almost right. Eli just didn't cut off the extra color on the brown filled overlay layer.

To remove the extra color...

You can use the Magic Wand Tool

- Click on the wax layer (the layer where everything but the wax was erased)

- Use the magic wand tool and click on the background.

- Then click on the brown filled overlay layer and hit delete on your keyboard.

Or you can use the Alpha Mask Plugin.

- Duplicate the wax layer (the layer where everything but the wax was erased)

- Turn that wax black by going up to the menu bar > adjustments > Hue/Saturation and lower the lightness to minus -100.

- Select all (ctrl+a) and copy (ctrl + c). Turn the black wax layer off.

- Click on the brown filled overlay layer and run the alpha mask plugin using the invert setting. (alpha mask link is in my previous post)

As for which settings to use to make your gray wax a darker gray, or any other suggested settings, I don't have exact settings to tell you at the moment. If I get the time, I will try to play around with your pictures more.

However, don't expect the wax to have a 100% perfect color match to the color of the first picture you gave, the picture in your first post with the brown wax. That is because every picture is different, and so to get exact colors, tones, shines, hues, contrast, and smoothness, is almost impossible. All you can do is try to get a color that is "satisfying" rather than perfect.

For your pictures, you will want to be sure you cut out or separate the wax out from it's background as best as you can, so that it is on it's own layer (like what Eli's picture shows). Having the wax separated out and on it's own layer will give you the most versatility to changing it and adjusting it.

With your wax on it's own layer, you can adjust it's color using hue/saturation (like what MJW is suggesting), or turn it gray and use the steps I gave in my previous post.

I'll see what I can do about playing around with your example pictures, but sorry, I can't promise anything.

In the mean time, play around with the pictures yourself still, there will be some trial and error, but you might get it. :)

I ended up getting some time to play sooner than I thought I would. :)

Now, I'm going to change things up on you. There are lots of ways to recolor images, for your wax images, I think using paint.net's adjustments is all you will need to do.

MJW is right, simply using Hue/Saturation does produce a better color result (sometimes pre-colored images only makes things look weird when you try to adjust their hue/saturation, so I often turn the image black and white and then give the object an all new color through blending modes, layers, and color adjustments such as sepia, hue/saturation, and brightness/contrast.)

For your orange wax pictures, the bright orange color might be a fine starting point for turning the wax brown. Your two sample images, they may not need to be turned black and white.
Below are new steps, this time I used the image with the bag, so the settings I give will be for that image.

Please consider the settings I give as only example settings. You might need or want to tweak the settings to what gives a more appealing result for you.

1) Have the orange wax picture as the background image. I will call the layer "Original Image".

2) Add the image that has the color you want, so that you can use it as a color reference. Either drag and drop it into paint.net and click add layer, or go up to the menu bar > import from file. Erase or delete the background of the image you add, so that it doesn't get in the way of your view of the main image as badly. Remember, the point of this added image is for it to be used for color comparison and a color reference, so as long as you can see the color, it's background removal doesn't need to look good.
This layer should be kept at the top of your layers window.

3) Click on the orange wax image, the “Original Image” layer, and duplicate it. Name the duplicated layer to "New Color".
Adjust the wax color. When adjusting the color, only pay attention to the wax color, ignore the colors of the rest of the image for now.

4) Go up to the Menu Bar > Adjustments > Hue/Saturation
Hue: Default Setting
Saturation: 53
Lightness: -6

5) Go up to the Menu Bar > Adjustments > Brightness/Contrast
Brightness: -21
Contrast: 34

6) Go back to Hue/Saturation
Click the reset arrows.
Then change the hue to 3.

Example Image:
Change_Color_Of_Wax_Crop_700.png

Remember to save your work as pdn, then if you want to keep editing, continue on.....

Optional, if you don't like the new color of the bag or other parts of the image, or didn't want the bag or other parts of the image recolored, follow these steps:

7) After you like the color of the wax, duplicate the New Color layer. Name the layer "New Wax".
8) Turn off the New Color layer.
9) Click on the New Wax layer, and carefully erase away the bag or any other parts of the image.
10) If you make erasing mistakes...... Get the lasso tool. Click the New Color layer. Make a selection around the area you made a mistake. Copy (ctrl + c) the selection. Click the New Wax layer and paste (ctrl + v).

Erasing Tip: If you want, you can erase using the line/curve tool, which can be useful for some parts of the image.
- View paint.net's color window (not sure if it matters or not, but have your primary color set to white or black), then click “More”.
- At the bottom of the window lower the Opacity – Alpha to 0.
- Choose the line/curve tool and look up at the tool's settings, look for the tool's blending mode and change “normal” to “overwrite”
- You can now use the line/curve tool(or paintbrush, or paint bucket, or shapes tools) to erase parts of your image.

Extra Steps
For this picture, I didn't like the bag's color on the New Color layer nor the original orange image, so I blended the colors a little for an in between color.
- Duplicate the Original Image, Name it "Lower Opacity" Layer.
- Move the duplicated layer up, so that it is above the New Color layer.
- Turn on the New Color layer.
- Open the layer properties of the Lower Opacity layer, and lower it's opacity to 201.

Finale Result & Layers Example:
Re_Color_Wax2_700.png

Hi again Cc4FuzzyHuggles
and thanks for all these detailed explanations

i manage to do the color like i need, but i cannot do the part with erase the bag ... i dont understand

but it is ok  like this. i have puted on the site .

i was trying to make another color (cream colour) , but i cannot do ... It is too hard to match the color that  i need . i think i must have much more expeciance :)

you can see the images at : http://www.epilatpro.ro/ceara-elastica/ceara-elastica-refolosibila-1kg-fildes-usoprofesional.html 

thanks again ... it tooks me 1 hour i think to do this , but now i am faster :)

post-142477-0-38199000-1454604269_thumb.