Unable to install / reinstall Paint.Net (DotNet error)

johnlamericain

I'm having a real issue trying to install Paint.net from scratch again with the last installer.

It happens that I couldn't update Paint.net on my computer since few version (so it's not related to last version), eventually I uninstall properly Paint.Net and now unable to reinstall it.

You can see the error in image attached. System.IO.FileLoadException: Can not load procedure 'PaintDotNet.SystemLayer.Native.x64.dll'. This happen when I double click on install, it load the setup file and then Show this error message. Installer close.

What I try already : 

1 - Search on this forum and in google to find people with the exact same issue: Not found.

2 - Try what other people with similar error did. But everything failed

-> Try Repair Paint Dot Net with Repair executable (I got from another PC (USB key) because I can't even install from scratch on my computer). Restart my computer

-> Try to repair Microsoft .Net Framework 4.6. Restart my computer

-> Uninstall all Microsoft .Net Framework on my computer and reinstall only last one (4.6.1). Restart my computer

-> Clean registry error with CCleaner.

FYI: I have only Microsoft Security Essentials installed as Antivirus.

I'm out of idea now, I tried everything that could cross my mind, I'm pretty confident it's a .net framework issue according to error but can't seems to repair it.

Any help is appreciated.

post-145436-0-98943300-1453295007_thumb.

Edited by johnlamericain

Français?(John l'Américain) Il y a une option où tu peux taper le nom du programme (forcer une désinstallation ou un truc du genre), et ça va chercher tous les fichiers cachés correspondants, même si le programme est désinstallé, c'était mon cas et Revo uninstaller Pro les a tous trouvé. Dis nous si tu y parviens...

If you're not French, there is an option on  Revo uninstaller Pro (force desinstallation or something like that) where you can type the name of a program and it searches all the hidden files even thow the program is not installed anymore. It was my case and it found a lot of them. Tell us what's happening, there is a lot of people with a greater expertise than mine who will be able to help you if it doesn't work.

I cross my fingers, Je croise les doigts,
;):):D

185766BannirePaintnetNils001.jpg

To see my Paint.net creations  Youtube  click here  Facebook  there

This particular error is fixed by installing the Visual C++ 2015 runtimes.  https://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/en-us/download/details.aspx

Microsoft did something weird in this area and there are some DLL load errors that are popping up in the strangest of places.

I also heard this may be caused by having used an (old?) version of Visual Studio Online.

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

This particular error is fixed by installing the Visual C++ 2015 runtimes.  https://www.microsoft.com/library/errorpages/smarterror.aspx?aspxerrorpath=/en-us/download/details.aspx

Microsoft did something weird in this area and there are some DLL load errors that are popping up in the strangest of places.

I also heard this may be caused by having used an (old?) version of Visual Studio Online.

Thanks a lot, installing this indeed fixed my issue !!!

Français?(John l'Américain) Il y a une option où tu peux taper le nom du programme (forcer une désinstallation ou un truc du genre), et ça va chercher tous les fichiers cachés correspondants, même si le programme est désinstallé, c'était mon cas et Revo uninstaller Pro les a tous trouvé. Dis nous si tu y parviens...

If you're not French, there is an option on  Revo uninstaller Pro (force desinstallation or something like that) where you can type the name of a program and it searches all the hidden files even thow the program is not installed anymore. It was my case and it found a lot of them. Tell us what's happening, there is a lot of people with a greater expertise than mine who will be able to help you if it doesn't work.

I cross my fingers, Je croise les doigts,

;):):D

Yes I'm french, as the other post easier fixed my issue, I didn't tried yours. Thanks for your help anyway.