How to Install Plugins ×

Graph Paper v2.1 (Feb 1, 2018)

toe_head2001

Ha! There's my iso paper. Looks very good.

Eli would like this. 

Thank you, toe_head2001!     :)

Edited by lynxster4

Toe_head, where were you 10 or so years ago??  This is awesome!!    :mrviolet:

I  could see carrying around a small tablet or notebook and doing everything on the screen. If I could give you another rep, I would! 

Many thanks.     :)

graphpaper_01.jpg

Edited by lynxster4
re-hosted image

Good idea! - useful -  thanks for sharing.

Edit, May I suggest:

1. A choice for the color of the thinner lines for the standard grid.

2. The ability to draw just the grid lines. Either a background opacity slider or use Pdn's secondary color alpha, or copy the src over to use as background.

(Not a problem personally as you have kindly linked to the source code - thanks!)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

Thanks toe_head2001,

It is working  wonderfully. One little thing, the name of the effect is visible but not the icon (at least on my pc). 

graph-paper-thanks-4e0a6e7.png

Eli would like this. 

:)

• Upvote 2

... One little thing, the name of the effect is visible but not the icon ...

I didn't get around to including an icon in the plugin.

I just whipped up this one for a future release: gp.png

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png
My Gallery  |  My Plugin Pack

Layman's Guide to CodeLab

• 2 weeks later...

... May I suggest:

1. A choice for the color of the thinner lines for the standard grid.

2. The ability to draw just the grid lines. Either a background opacity slider or use Pdn's secondary color alpha, or copy the src over to use as background.

1. The reason I didn't do that is simply because additional Color Wheels make the dialog grow too big too fast. Sometimes I wish we could have a double wide IndirectUI with two columns. At one time Rick talked about having tabs in IndirectUI. I think I'm going to learn how to use Midora's OptionBasedEffects; it seems very flexible. If I can get it working with OptionBasedEffects, I'll update it with the new parameters then.

2. Excellent ideas.

Edit:

Didn't take me too long to figure out the basics. Here's what I've cobbled together so far.

optionTest1.pngoptionTest2.png

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 3

(September 25th, 2023)  Sorry about any broken images in my posts. I am aware of the issue.

bp-sig.png

toe_head....looks even more promising!

how can can you ignore "The King of Paint".... :P

Edited by lynxster4

Alright, I'm feeling confident with using midora's OptionBasedEffects on this plugin going forward. It took me a while to figure how to fetch the effect Tokens, but every is now working. (except proper labels on UI controls  :P )

Post any and all suggestions for new parameters.

optionTest3.png

bp-sig.png

The screen shot looks good!. I look forward to trying the updated version.

I haven't tried Midora's OptionBasedEffects yet but may need tabs for an effect I'm exploring at the moment. So I may well be asking for advice in the future. ;)

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I think I'm going to have to look into the OptionBasedEffects. I would certainly like something with more features than IndirectUI, but requiring less effort than raw Forms. I would appreciate anyone who has advice on using the OptionBasedEffects posting on Midora's thread on the subject (assuming that's okay with Midora).

If I might offer a minor suggestion for the Graph Paper effect's UI, I would say omit the "Tabs" label, which seems unnecessary, since it's pretty obvious they're tabs.

Congrats for using this library w/o any good description.

At the end, if you have an idea about PropertyBasedEffects then it shouldn't be too difficult to switch your code to OptionBasedEffects.

I'm sorry that my time is so limited in the moment.

• Upvote 2

midoras signature.gif

I think I'm going to have to look into the OptionBasedEffects. I would certainly like something with more features than IndirectUI, but requiring less effort than raw Forms. I would appreciate anyone who has advice on using the OptionBasedEffects posting on Midora's thread on the subject (assuming that's okay with Midora).

I'm thinking about creating a Visual Studio template/demo Solution. I have other things to get done before I do that though.

If I might offer a minor suggestion for the Graph Paper effect's UI, I would say omit the "Tabs" label, which seems unnecessary, since it's pretty obvious they're tabs.

Yeah, "Tabs" is the name of the Property in the code. Since I didn't assign it a Label, it simply used it's literal name.

I already assigned it a blank Label shortly after those screenshots were posted.

Edited by toe_head2001

bp-sig.png

toe_head2001, where did you get the OptionBasedEffects library? I can't find it posted anywhere.

The most recent version is bundled with Parallel Lines and Patterns.

• Upvote 1

bp-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

I worked on this again last night. Here is a work-in-progress build. This will replace your current version. You may want to rename the filename of the current one. eg: GraphPaper.dll.old

The organization of the UI is still not ideal.

Added:
-Options for adjusting the Color of the Cells, Groups, and Clusters.
-Option for background Color (None/Transparent, the Secondary Color, Custom Color)
-Dash Styles for Cells, Groups, and Clusters (Solid, Dashed, Dotted).
-- Dash styles may look awful on Isometric (blame GDI; may be an excuse to try using Cairo via libgdiplus)

---Download Removed---

Place both GraphPaper.dll & GraphPaper.dlc in your Effects folder.

If you don't have midora's Parallel Lines and Patterns installed, you'll need to download it so you'll have the 'OptionBasedLibrary v0.7.9' files.

Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 1

bp-sig.png

• 2 weeks later...

Here's another testing build. I've made some changes to the UI. Please tell me what you think. Designing a good UI can be hard to get right.

---Download Removed---

Hidden Content: Screenshot
GraphPaperTest.png
Edited by toe_head2001
  • Upvote 4

bp-sig.png

Version 2.0 posted. It now has gives you complete control over Colors, and also has options for Line Styles.

You even figured out how units are working in NumericUpDowns of OptionBasedEffects!

The IntelliSense in Visual Studio sure helped a lot.

• Upvote 2

bp-sig.png

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...