Line Tool Is Not Working

HELEN

My PDN got updated and when I went to use the line tool, it just shows the nubs but no actual line. I restarted the computer several times and installed the updates, etc. Nothing, however, seems to work. Not sure why.

sig-1.png
Don't spit into the well, you might drink from it later. -----Yiddish Proverb

Glossy Galaxy Ball---How to Make Foliage
My Gallery

PDN Fans--My DA

I´ve noticed this, too. Must be the new update. Changing the rectangle tool from fill (full) to shape draw (empty) works for me. Try yourselves.

• Upvote 1

I don´t know what you mean... changing it to empty rectangle makes even bezier curves visible for me. (they´re the second option on the top left, If you´re asking for that.)

• Upvote 3

Oh, interesting. So the shape draw type is being incorrectly used by the Line/Curve tool as well.

So the fix is to go to the Shapes tool, make sure it's set to "Draw Shape Outline", and then the Line/Curve tool will work again.

• Upvote 1

The Paint.NET Blog: https://blog.getpaint.net/

Donations are always appreciated! https://www.getpaint.net/donate.html

forumSig_bmwE60.jpg

Yeap, I reproduced the bug:

My Line/Curve tool was working OK  until I went to The shapes tool and changed to "Draw Filled Shape" and when I went back to use the Line/Curve tool it showed only the four nubs/nods.