How to Install Plugins ×

TransitionalBrush

Simon Brown

TransitionalBrush Tools Menu

This plugin mimics the “use colour from gradient” GIMP function, allowing users to select two colours and have a brush that gradually changes colour between them.

transbrushgl0.png

KaHuc.png

I can't even begin to imagine how much time you have put in on this program and coding you have done. You've created some of the most important and useful tools that have long been thought impossible to make and I respect you greatly. Thank you so much.

+ Hmm, this tool seems to run slow on single-core processors. When I get a quad-core, then I can truly understand the importance of this tool.

Edited by gamexprt1

Anyway... I have a request or two, neither of which include your address! I was wondering if you could make this part of custom brushes. Also I find the " [ , ] " modifier keys to be useful to shrink or grow the standard PDN brush while painting, could you include that function as well? Anyway, thanks for the sweet plugin!

Anyway... I have a request or two, neither of which include your address! I was wondering if you could make this part of custom brushes. Also I find the " [ , ] " modifier keys to be useful to shrink or grow the standard PDN brush while painting, could you include that function as well? Anyway, thanks for the sweet plugin!

I will consider adding hotkeys to such commands. I do not want to merge several plugins, as I feel this may bloat them and make adding new features harder. I hope to be able to solve the problems I am having compiling Paint.NET eventually, giving at least some hope of creating a version integrating some of the features my plugins have provided, although I doubt I will have a huge amount of success.

KaHuc.png

Oh, multiple colors, antialiasing, custom brush support, and a even actual shape tools would make this plugin one of your best yet ;)

signature.png

Oh, multiple colors, antialiasing, custom brush support, and a even actual shape tools would make this plugin one of your best yet ;)

I I will consider those, but am unsure how to implement AA.

KaHuc.png

When in doubt, look to the Paint.NET source code ;)

As well, here are a few others to think about: gradient duration, color picker, true color wheel, and even possibly a blend amount.

signature.png

I have also completed the addition of such a feature into the PDN source (minus the icon, which I am unsure how to define) which may be included in a future fork.

KaHuc.png

This plugin mimics the “use colour from gradient” GIMP function, allowing users to select two colours and have a brush that gradually changes colour between them.

By that you are probaly referring to the G-Map tool aka Gradient Mapping? First Smudging now this. Soon all plugins will be based off GIMP. :D

.:Latest:.

14b6u5j.png

• 2 weeks later...
No we couldn't. The GIMP has a horrible interface which does nothing but slow your workflow and clutter up the start bar. 'Nuff said...

And those lazy people at GIMPshop haven't updated in ages....

I can only use GIMP on my Ubuntu box. My Windows box uses Windows XP x64 which isn't supported by GIMP. I do hate being tied to Windows and plan to completely move to Ubuntu mid 2009. I have to make some choices, such as will I virtualize or dual boot windows. With the way virtualization is going, I think I'll move that way. But I'm still hoping to see a version of PDN for Linux that's fully supported. There is Mono Paint but it hasn't been updated in like five months :( To GIMP's credit, their new versions are a little easier to use. Maybe I'll go in GIMP's direction, IDK.