pyrochild

Smudge

434 posts in this topic

I need you to make a plugin of this effect for v3.22
Um lemme think about that no.
because if I upgrade then I have to download all plugins again
No you don't.

Whenever I've upgraded, the plug - ins I've downloaded are still in the new version :?

Yes I do. Because then the plugins are out of date.

Most, if not all, of your existing plugins will continue to work just fine in 3.35.

You are asking me to make a plugin specifically for a version of Paint.NET that you can't even get anymore.* How's the view from your imaginary throne? Would you care for a foot massage? :roll:

(*actually you can, if you know where to look)

@newcas12:

Older versions are not supported, you are on your own.

If you want the latest and greatest, update.

Most plugins are in packs now.

Don't be too lazy....says the lazy Ash.

Why does everyone think plugin's are outdated by every new Paint.NET release?

There has been one time in the 3.xx series that a few plugin's weren't working because of updates, once.

Either update, or don't even expect the slighest help apart from the lines "Update to the newest version".

Either update, or don't even expect the slighest help apart from the lines "Update to the newest version".

Blunt, but sooo true.

Omg I love you, you're my hero!
Yay!

So, you haven't answered pyro (but then again I didn't ask you directly). Is .cbr support possible? Look in the custom brushes plugin thread if you don't know what that is.

For a couple of reasons, no.

One, since CBR is Simon Brown's format, I would need permission and source code from him to use it. The format will be subject to Simon's every whim, and could easily change from version to version. By publishing plugins here, I obligate myself to fix major bugs when found. Using the CBR format would force another obligation on me: to update this plugin whenever Simon decides. PNG is a standard, and will always be supported through the foreseeable life of the Smudge plugin. PNG just makes more sense.

Two, there's simply no advantage to it. Having a custom format might make sense for the functions that a Brushes plugin can use, but what is Smudge going to do with a C#-based brush? Nothing whatsoever.

For a couple of reasons, no.

One, since CBR is Simon Brown's format, I would need permission and source code from him to use it. The format will be subject to Simon's every whim, and could easily change from version to version. By publishing plugins here, I obligate myself to fix major bugs when found. Using the CBR format would force another obligation on me: to update this plugin whenever Simon decides. PNG is a standard, and will always be supported through the foreseeable life of the Smudge plugin. PNG just makes more sense.

Two, there's simply no advantage to it. Having a custom format might make sense for the functions that a Brushes plugin can use, but what is Smudge going to do with a C#-based brush? Nothing whatsoever.

CBB is hardly a custom format, being simply a renamed ZIP file that stores a collection of PNGs - this basic method is unlikely to change even if extra files can be added in future that change how the plugin treats them, and it probably goes without saying that I have no problem with you implementing the format.

Oh, so this isn't the code-based brush format you've been talking about implementing?

This is what I get for being away from the forum for 3 months...

IN that case, I'll consider it. But why rename it? Why not just leave it as a .ZIP?

Oh, so this isn't the code-based brush format you've been talking about implementing?

*cough*

IN that case, I'll consider it. But why rename it? Why not just leave it as a .ZIP?

Good point, possibly the following of a bad but common habit, although it may be useful if I ever decide to add a right-click menu to this type of brush for installation.

You want to write a shellex for a plugin? I think that would be... overkill.

*cough*

Why caugh when you made the feature public yourself? viewtopic.php?f=12&t=26081

:roll:

I cough whenever someone alludes to Beowulf. As a reference.

Huh?

I tend to cough when I swollow wrong, have a cold, or am around somebody who is smoking. However, never do I swollor wrong, have a cold, nor be around a smoker in cyberspace. Thus, I only cough when hinting to already in the works but I can't say anything type of deal. ;)

2185_coughing.gif

There you go... XD

Edit: Paste "http://www.clipartof.com/images/emoticons/xsmall2/2185_coughing.gif" Into the Img tags. w00t