pyrochild

Smudge

434 posts in this topic

That might turn your smudging to that color though.
It will. What I was saying was that if you wanted your border to be a single colour without the "white outline" (or trying to get the exact colour with curves), that you could use Drop Shadow to make the border an exact colour, after you've used that alpha masking technique that you said before.
I really can't wait for it to work with alpha. Although it's still pretty amazing as it is.

Add a black or white background to whatever you're using (the more contrast the better), smudge, then use alpha mask without loading anything. Check invert mask. Although that leaves a white outline, but that's as good as it gets for now.

But really it doesn't matter. I don't know anything about coding but I still think Pyrochild is awesome at it. He'll probably be able to fix it.

Well PC might be busy doing something else, and it's always good to have a work-around.

for people who want undos

just say ok whenever you do something you like then the use smudge again continue your work and if you make a mistake say cancel and try again it helped me out a lot so i hope it help you guys as will

Pyrochild THANK YOU VERY MUCH

i just love using the smudge tool

oh yeah any chance you can make a blur tool like the one in Photoshop that allows you to just blur only the parts you click on

I think that would go great with this one

There's a sticky'd tutorial that allows you to do that and to fake the burn and dodge tools.

There's a sticky'd tutorial that allows you to do that and to fake the burn and dodge tools.

But a tool would be so much easier. :)

Of course. Until then, there's a workaround available.

Pyro, do you think you could make it so that animated GIFs could be used as brushes?

[Edit] My God, we're drowning you with requests.

I love this plugin, it's fantastic for photomanips, but could you please add an undo option for the next update?

Undo has already been requested. It's already been integrated into the next build, as have zoom, proper display (checkerboard) of transparent images*, and correct handling of transparency when smudging. Currently I'm trying to find and exterminate a strange 64-bit-only-bug, which is not made easier by the fact that I have no 64-bit machines to test on. Also, I am integrating some optimization tips from Ed Harvey to improve the performance on single-core processors, especially the Pentium 4.

*this change should automatically carry over to Splatter as well, but I obviously should test to make sure before I go announcing that....

Nah, "Yay" will be when I upgrade my processor to a 64-bit one. Unfortunately, to get a new processor I have to get a new mobo, and if I get a new mobo I'll need new RAM and a new graphics card. All of my current ones are using outdated standards. (478 socket, DDR DIMMs, AGP, instead of LGA775, DDR3, and PCI-e). Expensive.

Hey pyro, I dunno if these have been suggested before, but:

1. Could implement a zoom function?

2. An "undo" function?

3. Dynamic Brush Width - as in -while you're smudging - when you wheel scroll down or up - it gradually increases or decreases.

Thanks! This is among my favorite plugins.

Undo has already been requested. It's already been integrated into the next build, as have zoom, proper display (checkerboard) of transparent images*, and correct handling of transparency when smudging. Currently I'm trying to find and exterminate a strange 64-bit-only-bug, which is not made easier by the fact that I have no 64-bit machines to test on. Also, I am integrating some optimization tips from Ed Harvey to improve the performance on single-core processors, especially the Pentium 4.

*this change should automatically carry over to Splatter as well, but I obviously should test to make sure before I go announcing that....

Uhhhhh.. Nab, your first 2 suggestions have already been done.. I'd like the 3rd one though! That would be very useful, but you'll have to stick with [ & ] for now. :P

Sorry I was lazy and didn't take the time to read.

:|:mrgreen:

The wait begins.

3. Dynamic Brush Width - as in -while you're smudging - when you wheel scroll down or up - it gradually increases or decreases.

hmmm.... that will be challenging.... :D

But useful, don't you think? Especially for this plugin.

Certainly useful, yes, but I disabled the [ and ] shortcuts from working while a smudge was in progress for a reason. I will have to rewrite the engine behind Smudge almost from scratch to make this work. But that's ok, since it needs a rewrite anyway. But it won't be in the next version.

Certainly useful, yes, but I disabled the [ and ] shortcuts from working while a smudge was in progress for a reason. I will have to rewrite the engine behind Smudge almost from scratch to make this work. But that's ok, since it needs a rewrite anyway. But it won't be in the next version.

Totally fine, I think I can afford a wait. Thanks.

If you're going to do increasing/decreasing sizes, you're going to need to let us use brushes that are over 50x50 to prevent blurring.

Are you talking about the brushes you install to use in the program, or the brush size setting?

If the former, then you can actually use any size brush. The ones it comes with are actually all about 500x500.

If you're talking about the brush size setting in the plugin, then that actually goes up to 100. The list only goes to 50 for performance reasons, but you can type in a value or use the [ and ] shortcuts to increase it all the way to 100. I will probably increase that cap in the next version, since I've optimized the performance.

Sweet. I didn't know that :o

[Edit] Oh, and if you could add CBR support, you'll basically have the same thing as scattering and the various options one has in PS.

LOL. I love this effect. But 1 thing, I need you to make a plugin of this effect for v3.22 because if I upgrade then I have to download all plugins again and I have heaps. So im sticking with v3.22 so I need a smudge plugin for that.

THX in advance.