pyrochild

Smudge

434 posts in this topic

Will you ever make Bad Plugins?

Stitch is a bad plugin. So were Film and Borders N' Shapes before I rewrote them.

don't often disagree with you Pyrochild but stitch does wonders for many many many of my pics.

It is one I actually use quite often along with jitter.

pyrochild publishes the smudge plugin and fireworks start going off. Coincidence? I think NOT!

:mrgreen::PanTool:

It doesn't work for me :(

Come on, we need some information than that?

What version of PDN are you using, have you installed every plugin in the pack, what error message do you get etc.?

It doesn't work for me :(

Come on, we need some information than that?

What version of PDN are you using, have you installed every plugin in the pack, what error message do you get etc.?

Never mind, I fixed it.

I don't know what those do. I'll have to get my hands on a copy of Photoshop so I can play with it. But yeah, bringing this Smudge tool on par with others like GIMP and Photoshop is definitely a goal I'm willing to work for.

Just a preview if you haven't seen it yet Pyro.

2wd3gp4.png

103x1lh.png

<3lol. sAME THING. (sorry for the caps)

My parents would disown me if they knew I worship fish...
Holy.

Carp.

Great plugin Pyrochild! I reckon it can be used to make some really cool firey text :D

I'm on Pdn 3.31, just tried this and I get this error:

File: C:\Program Files\Paint.NET\Effects\Smudge.dll

Effect Name: pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge

Full error message: System.IO.FileNotFoundException: Could not load file or assembly 'pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.0.3106.38959, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

File name: 'pyrochild.effects.common, Version=2.0.3106.38959, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null'

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.Smudge.CreateConfigDialog()

at PaintDotNet.Menus.EffectMenuBase.RunEffect(Type effectType)

WRN: Assembly binding logging is turned OFF.

To enable assembly bind failure logging, set the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog] (DWORD) to 1.

Note: There is some performance penalty associated with assembly bind failure logging.

To turn this feature off, remove the registry value [HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Fusion!EnableLog].

Reinstall the plugin. It looks like you're missing the "pyrochild.effects.common" dll. Make sure you have the newest one.

I really can't wait for it to work with alpha. Although it's still pretty amazing as it is.

Reinstall the plugin. It looks like you're missing the "pyrochild.effects.common" dll. Make sure you have the newest one.

Ok, that was it. Thanks.

I really can't wait for it to work with alpha. Although it's still pretty amazing as it is.

The strange thing is that sometimes, something happens when using this plug-in on a border to a transparent area. I just can’t figure out the way that works.

I have been doing some experimenting on 100 / 50 % transparent lines, and are trying to figure out some workarounds. But I would be very happy if this plug-in would some day handle transparency.

Anyway, thanks for this plug-in. It is just me that have to learn how to use it.

The strange thing is that sometimes, something happens when using this plug-in on a border to a transparent area. I just can’t figure out the way that works.

I have been doing some experimenting on 100 / 50 % transparent lines, and are trying to figure out some workarounds. But I would be very happy if this plug-in would some day handle transparency.

Anyway, thanks for this plug-in. It is just me that have to learn how to use it.

Add a black or white background to whatever you're using (the more contrast the better), smudge, then use alpha mask without loading anything. Check invert mask. Although that leaves a white outline, but that's as good as it gets for now.

Add a black or white background to whatever you're using (the more contrast the better), smudge, then use alpha mask without loading anything. Check invert mask. Although that leaves a white outline, but that's as good as it gets for now.

Thanks. Didn’t think about using alpha mask that way.

To get rid of that gray outline you could also use drop shadow with settings;

0, 0, 0, 0, Colour=[insert desired colour], (unticked box) keep original image (ie don't keep original image).

To get rid of that gray outline you could also use drop shadow with settings;

0, 0, 0, 0, Colour=[insert desired colour], (unticked box) keep original image (ie don't keep original image).

That might turn your smudging to that color though.

That might turn your smudging to that color though.
It will. What I was saying was that if you wanted your border to be a single colour without the "white outline" (or trying to get the exact colour with curves), that you could use Drop Shadow to make the border an exact colour, after you've used that alpha masking technique that you said before.

But really it doesn't matter. I don't know anything about coding but I still think Pyrochild is awesome at it. He'll probably be able to fix it.