How to Install Plugins ×

Smudge

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What version? Are you using the latest 3.5.10?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have just tried to add another brush to use, when I select add brush it opens up the smudge brush folder to where I have coppied some brushes (in png format) but for some reason it won't use the brush, all it does when I select the brush is it opens up in windows picture viewer. I have the latest version of both PDN and the pyrochild plugin pack, using windows7 pro. Any insight to how I load a brush would be welcome please :)

p.s

Even if I navigate to the custom brushes folder created by the custom brushes plugin, I still can't add a brush

Edited by nitenurse79

ZXCBOoZ.png

Hi NN79,

Have you tried the smudge brushes folder (different to the custom brushes folder ). - still in user files though.

I 'm on Vista but managed to change the supplied 'sample brush' and save/use it ok.

The sample brush is a 250 * 250 pix PNG.

Hope that helps.

I like the new green sig too!

Red ochre Plugin pack.............. Diabolical Drawings ................Real Paintings

PdnForumSig2.jpg

I have just tried to add another brush to use, when I select add brush it opens up the smudge brush folder to where I have coppied some brushes (in png format) but for some reason it won't use the brush, all it does when I select the brush is it opens up in windows picture viewer. I have the latest version of both PDN and the pyrochild plugin pack, using windows7 pro. Any insight to how I load a brush would be welcome please :)

p.s

Even if I navigate to the custom brushes folder created by the custom brushes plugin, I still can't add a brush

After you've made a new brush in the folder it opens (which has to be PNG format), go back to Smudge and see if the new brush is in the dropdown, above the add/remove option.

xZYt6wl.png

ambigram signature by Kemaru

[i write plugins and stuff]

If you like a post, upvote it!

• 3 months later...

I hope they really consider it to be part of the toolbox. T_T

"He." Yeah it's crazy. There's only one official active developer at this point in time. Blows my mind every time I think about it.

My gosh! I didn't realize I hadn't tried this plugin since my computer upgrade! (previous computer has a single core processor). I'm so used to lag and slow smudging that I almost blacked out from surprise when I opened it up just now.

No, Paint.NET is not spyware...but, installing it is an IQ test. ~BoltBait

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

• 1 month later...

Crash

System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at PaintDotNet.ServiceProviderExtensions.GetService[TService](IServiceProvider serviceProvider) in D:\src\pdn\pdn_35x\src\Base\ServiceProviderExtensions.cs:line 23
   at pyrochild.effects.common.PngBrushCollection..ctor(IServiceProvider serviceprovider, String ownername)
   at pyrochild.effects.smudge.ConfigDialog.OnBrushesChanged()
   at System.IO.FileSystemWatcher.CompletionStatusChanged(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* overlappedPointer)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.runTryCode(Object userData)
   at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
   at System.Threading.ExecutionContext.Run(ExecutionContext executionContext, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
   at System.Threading._IOCompletionCallback.PerformIOCompletionCallback(UInt32 errorCode, UInt32 numBytes, NativeOverlapped* pOVERLAP)

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

• 4 weeks later...

I don't know. I was just smudging and it happened. It was while I was changing to a new brush though.

at pyrochild.effects.smudge.ConfigDialog.OnBrushesChanged()
Edited by OddLlama

Here is my website - http://www.oddllama.cu.cc

Here is my gallery - http://oddalpaca.deviantart.com/gallery

Am I odd? - yes

Am I a llama? - yes

• 1 year later...

hi pyrochild, i recently got back into using paint.net, and i'm very pleased with the performance and results of your smudge plugin, running.on my mid range dell laptop. previously my 7 year old, singe core pc, would lag too much to be able to use your plugin.

i don't know if you are still maintaining it, but is any chance of you adding in the ability for us to enter numerical values for the pressure and jitter sliders, perhaps by double clicking them?

i ask because i do all my work nowadays with the laptop's touchpad, and it normally is accurate enough for precision tweaking of values etc, but with your sliders here i fail to get the exact values i desire, often i struggle to even get them back to the default 25 pressure. if the api doesn't allow us to type in values, could we have nudge buttons either side of the sliders?

i accept you might be too busy with other projects to implement the above, but i hoped it was ok for me to ask?

• 2 weeks later...

Hold the ctrl key and scroll with the scroll wheel

Blend modes are like the filling in your sandwich. It's the filling that can change your experience of the sandwich. ~Ego Eram Reputo

My laptop has an area on the right that I can use for scrolling by swiping my finger across it vertically. I was able to use that with the ctrl key to zoom in and out.