My Rainbow Sig Tut - By Request

LFC4EVER

This tutorial is available as a PDF. Click here to view or download it

I am making this tut on my sig, as it has been requested by various people who asked me via PM on how i made my current sig.

The result is not exactly as in my sig, as i am just showing you how to create the effect similar to this:

Plugins required:

Custom Brushes Mini

Conditional Hue / Saturation

Feather

Color Filter

You'll also need the Winter Breeze brush set which you can download here

How to convert and use PS brushes in PDN: Here

How to use Custom Brushes Mini: Here

The tut boltbait.big_smile.png :

1) Fill the background black and add a new layer. Name it "Brush" or whatever else you want to. On the new layer go to Effects > Draw with Custom Brush. Find the brush you wish to use and draw (brush size 500 works best), then press the ok button. Then Ctrl + Shift + I (Invert Colours) so you can see the image.

2) Duplicate the "Brush" layer and name the top layer "Inner Glow" and the middle layer "Rainbow". Select the "Rainbow" layer and apply Effects > Colour Filter, and colour it any colour, it doesnt matter which colour as long as it is not black, grey or white.

3) Now select the "Inner Glow" layer and go to Effects > Feather at these settings:

Feather Radius = 1

Effect Strength = 1

True Feather = Yes

Apply a Glow the same layer at default settings. You should now have something similar to this.

4) Now, using the rectangle select tool, select a section of the brush that you like, I'm using a selection size of 500px by 100px here. Then Ctrl + Shift + X (or Crop to Selection).

5) Now select the "Rainbow layer", and go to Adjustments > Conditional Hue/Saturation. Apply the following settings.

6) Flatten and your done! The end result should be similar to this:

Optional:

In step 5, you can further modify the settings such as the hue's in the rainbow by moving the slider in the "Hue action" box, or you can modify the Saturation settings by moving the slider in the "Saturation Adjustment" dialog box.

In my sig i used more brushes of the same set, and did more work on it, but the effect is very similar..

Please post your attempts and feel free to comment.

Merry Christmas

.::.My Gallery.::.Make Gold Text!.::.

That's amazing! Just one question. When I download the ABRViewer, it downloads correctly, but I can't seem to find where it is located. I've tried doing a search, but got zero results. Help!

GuhhtarrPlayyurr14.png

That's amazing! Just one question. When I download the ABRViewer, it downloads correctly, but I can't seem to find where it is located. I've tried doing a search, but got zero results. Help!

Thanks, but as for your query, you should ask that in the tut about the brushes.

Merry Christmas

Nevermind I figured it out. But when I finished the tut, the colors were flipped and the hues weren't as bright.

GuhhtarrPlayyurr14.png

I wouldnt say that. He only tought how to add the rainbow fractal but not the splintered wood background in his actual sig. There is always more than meets the eye :wink:

signature.png

Gah! I always used to love your sig, but now it doesn't seem nearly as good. Copy-past then add color is just too easy!

Yes, its easy, but if you want to make something look good, it doesn't always have to be really complicated. Sometimes simple methods work best.

Merry Christmas

By the way here's a helpful tip. It does matter what color you use. If you use a red, The colors on the rainbow will be switched. So if you want the original effect, use a deep blue.

P.S. How do you delete custom brushes from the list? I dont want all of the Winter Brushes but I can't delete any.

GuhhtarrPlayyurr14.png

P.S. How do you delete custom brushes from the list? I dont want all of the Winter Brushes but I can't delete any.

In your My Documents folder, there should be a folder called Paint.NET User Files, inside there, should be your brushes.

Heh, not bad:

Not bad!? Its excellent! Good work!

Merry Christmas

Thanx you rock my socks! :D:D

P.S. How long did it it take you to create complex signatures, pictures, etc.? I am not a n00b, but not an expert, and I was wondering how I could possibly create something as complex as your signature without tutorials. Any advice?? :roll:

GuhhtarrPlayyurr14.png

Yay to LFC for making the tut! Here's mine with a little more glow, layering, and feathering.

Untitled2.jpg

Here's a second one that I made a little more pastel I suppose you could say.

Untitled.jpg

Thanks LFC :D

PryoTypeSig.png

Can you give me the link to the brush you used in your example?

There is a link to the brush download, and then a link to the thread that explains how to convert the PS brushes to PDN. :)

The brush ishere.

And the thread that tells you how to convert is here. :D

PryoTypeSig.png

This tutorial is my current sig.

I just inverted the colors and added a glass border.

2d0mb0w.png

That's cool, but you could use some of the other brushes in that brush set to enhance the picture a little more- you know, add a little difference... Ah... Get me? :?