After getting fed up with Corel continuing to drop the ball with Paint Shop Pro, I decided to write this plugin to automate part of my workflow.
Without further adieu I present to you... RawLoader!
RawLoader is a simple plugin that uses the open-source DCRaw to decode raw camera images and make them available for use in Paint.NET
- Using the File -> Save option in Paint.NET causes the original raw file to be emptied (Paint.NET bug... doesn't check the SupportsSaving property of FileTypes)
- Edit RawLoader.dll.config to customize your DCRaw arguments
- Download a DCRaw build optimized for your processor from lebsanft.org to speed things up
- Error handling is minimal; if something blows up the standard error loading dialog appears
- Uses StandardOutput to read the output from DCRaw rather than having DCRaw write to disk; however, the source file still has to be written to a temp folder because it's sent as an internal stream class rather than something I can steal the filename from :x
Installer (includes DCRaw and requires only Paint.NET and the .NET 2.0 Framework)
Plugin-Only (requires DCRaw)
Source (requires a C# compiler to create plugin, and NSIS to create the installer)