How to Install Plugins ×

Paint Shop Pro FileType (2023-06-01)

null54

This plugin allows Paint.Net to load and save Jasc's PaintShop Pro format.

It should be able to load any image containing only raster layers.
When saving it will only save images in 24-bit mode.

This plugin uses code from the DotNetZip library.

btn_donate_SM.gif

Download:

PaintShopProFiletype.zip

Source Code:

https://github.com/0xC0000054/pdn-pspformat

• Upvote 4

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 2 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Added support for loading the 4-bit and 1-bit indexed formats.

The format version can now be selected on save, and floating raster layers are now loaded.

File version updated to 1.0.1.0. ;)

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

Plugin Pack | PSFilterPdn | Content Aware Fill | G'MICPaint Shop Pro Filetype | RAW Filetype | WebP Filetype

The small increase in performance you get coding in C++ over C# is hardly enough to offset the headache of coding in the C++ language. ~BoltBait

• 1 year later...

Hmm...I'm not having any success opening pspimage files. I keep getting "There was an error reading the file from the media". I stayed away from any files that I know contain vector layers, but I couldn't even open jpg files that I had erased the background and saved as a pspimage file in order to preserve the transparency. I'll assume it's "operator error" at this point, but does it matter if my files were created using PSP X6?

Thanks for your help, bro.

-deejay

Hmm...I'm not having any success opening pspimage files. I keep getting "There was an error reading the file from the media". I stayed away from any files that I know contain vector layers, but I couldn't even open jpg files that I had erased the background and saved as a pspimage file in order to preserve the transparency. I'll assume it's "operator error" at this point, but does it matter if my files were created using PSP X6?

It should not matter if the files were created with PSP X6.

PdnSig.png

I keep getting "There was an error reading the file from the media".

That sounds like a file-read-error to me. You using a USB or some other media to store the files?

No. The files are on my hard drive. Well I've tried opening every pspimage file I have so I'll just move on. If I discover the problem I'll let you know.

I even changed the default program for pspimage files to Paint.net but it still isn't working for me. Paint.net opens other file types in the same folder open no problem. I'm running this on a seperate computer that doesn't have Paint Shop Pro installed on it, if that makes any difference. Other than that there is no difference in the systems.

I even changed the default program for pspimage files to Paint.net but it still isn't working for me. Paint.net opens other file types in the same folder open no problem. I'm running this on a seperate computer that doesn't have Paint Shop Pro installed on it, if that makes any difference. Other than that there is no difference in the systems.

Would it be possible for you to upload one of the files and PM me the link?

There could be some issue with files saved by PSP X6 that causes the plugin to crash.

PdnSig.png

Alright I uploaded a file and sent you the link. It's about as simple a file as can be...just an image with the background removed. I figure whatever the issue is it's going to apply to all pspimage files I have regardless of the number of layers it contains. I won't be surprised if it turn out to be something simple (for you), so I'll look forward to your response.

Thanks again,

deejay

It appears that PSP X2 and later use a new format for the layer data that is not backwards compatible with previous versions, and Corel has not updated the public format specification to describe it.

In order for the files to be loaded by this plugin you must save them with the compatibility options set to PaintShop Pro 10 or earlier.

PdnSig.png

Thanks for looking into it and discovering the problem...and doing it so quickly. Much appreciated!

• 6 months later...

Fixed a crash with layers that are larger than the main image.

Added support for files created with PSP X2 and later, various other bugs fixed.

File version updated to 1.0.2.0.

• Upvote 1

PdnSig.png

• 3 months later...

I created this account just to be able to say thank you for this great plug-in. It allows me to access files from long ago :-)

Donation is my next step.

again THANK YOU for bringing this to this fantastic app you've made it more fantasticer O.o 

Jon

• Upvote 1

• 1 month later...

As I seem to have misplaced my (very old) PSP5-CD, this is a great plug-in although it seems to import some of the layers wrong (they open top left instead of at the right position). I have literally hundreds of PSP files stacked over the years. But (at least) one 35MB PSP file gives me the following error:

System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.
   at PaintShopProFiletype.PSPFile.Load(Stream input)
   at PaintDotNet.FileType.Load(Stream input) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Data\FileType.cs:line 476
   at PaintDotNet.Functional.Func.Eval[T1,TRet](Func`2 f, T1 arg1) in d:\src\pdn\paintdotnet\src\Base\Functional\Func.cs:line 158

Not sure if you know what causes this?

Not sure if you know what causes this?

The only thing I can think of is that the saved layer bounds are located outside the main image.

If you could upload one of the files that causes this to Dropbox or some other file host and PM me the link, it would be extremely helpful in isolating the problem.

PdnSig.png

• 5 years later...

Is this project still active? The latest version on GH works pretty well for older PSP versions but has some trouble with newer file versions. I'd be happy to test and supply any resources I can.

2 hours ago, Disk4mat said:

Is this project still active?

It is.

2 hours ago, Disk4mat said:

The latest version on GH works pretty well for older PSP versions but has some trouble with newer file versions.

What is the issue you are having with images from the newer PSP versions?

If it is failing to load the image, I will need a sample file to try and reverse engineer the format changes.

PdnSig.png

Some files that wouldnt open, I was able to get working by renaming the layers. I noticed I had multiple groups and each group had the same layer name(s). I attached one file in a zip. This one I cant figure out whats causing the issue. Thanks for looking into it.

My CD Case.zip

Edited by Disk4mat

• null54 changed the title to Paint Shop Pro FileType (2023-06-01)
4 hours ago, Disk4mat said:

This one I cant figure out whats causing the issue.

Fixed.

That file contains multiple guides, and the plugin did not support that.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

PdnSig.png