How to Install Plugins ×

Graph Maker Plugin

dsplaisted

This plugin is similar to (and is based on) Grid Maker plugin available here: http://paintdotnet.forumer.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=4879

I wrote Graph Maker to make it easy for me to analyze graphs (in Civilization IV) which don't have axes markings. Features include:

• [*:1q5jwbi9]Specify the number of squares in the grid, not the size of each square. This allows you to accurately place grids on graphs where each unit doesn't correspond to a whole number of pixels.
    [*:1q5jwbi9]The grid is calculated based on the currently selected rectangle, not the whole image.
    [*:1q5jwbi9]You can have every 5th (or whatever number you choose) line be drawn in the secondary color, making it easier to figure out the exact value of a point on the graph.

You can download the plugin here: GraphMaker.zip

Unzip the dll into the Effects folder under your Paint.NET installation directory. The plugin will be found in the Effects menu, under the Render submenu.

Here is the source code: GraphMakerSrc.zip

Here is a screenshot of the plugin in use:

file.php?id=4541

I wrote this for my own use, but if you have any suggestions for improvements, feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Daniel

30800_8481e6f08e207d4bfb169091eeb27178

You created a plub-in to create a grid which could be made by running an existing plugin twice? Thank you. :D Does it work with PDN 3.5?

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

You created a plub-in to create a grid which could be made by running an existing plugin twice? Thank you. :D Does it work with PDN 3.5?

I don't know if it will work with PDN 3.5. I am using version 3.36.

It is not the same as running Grid Maker twice. In this version you specify the number of total squares instead of the number of pixels per square. This lets you create grids that line up with graphs that don't use an even number of pixels per unit. For example, if there were 10 squares per 55 pixels, each square is effectively 5.5 pixels. With GridMaker you would have to choose either 5 or 6 pixels per square, and the grid would match the graph less and less the more squares there were. Also, this plugin bases the calculations on the currently selected rectangle instead of the whole image, which means you can apply the grid to a graph which is part of a larger image.

Thanks,

Daniel

It's even better then I thought, great.

yhsjjie.png

History repeats itself, because nobody was paying attention the first time.

Hello everybody ... :D

This plugin works good with PDN 3.5 as I just had a test on it right now.

But why drawing position is not enabled ?

It's top left by default but can't be changed ... :(

Have a good day ... :mrgreen:

Hello everybody ... :D

This plugin works good with PDN 3.5 as I just had a test on it right now.

But why drawing position is not enabled ?

It's top left by default but can't be changed ... :(

Have a good day ... :mrgreen:

I wasn't exactly sure what that option did, so I just disabled the control for it (since that was easier than deleting it). Can you explain what you would like it to do?

Thanks,

Daniel

In fact, this could be more interesting if it could be possible to get the centered function.

Because if you select wrong horizontal or vertical squares values, the ones on limits of the area are cut.

Let's see the image under there, where left and right, or bottom and top, are not equal.

090726101138871717.jpg

If the effect could be centered, that would be better. :mrgreen:

• 1 year later...

Sorry to dig up an old topic like this, but I had a question: I see where you explain that this plugin is based off of GridMaker, but does that mean I need GridMaker also to get GraphMaker to work?

Many thanks.

Heather